Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
ladenbrosmuk

Drives: yaris
Help with aftermarket security install

I am very excited to do my first install for my 2008 Toyota Yaris. My car hasn't had a previous security system but it does have power locks for all four doors. I was hoping to receive some help here as I am a bit confused on certain things. The system I bought was an Avital 3100LX (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

My car has two 12v power wires, one is 15A and the other is 25A. Does it matter which 12v wire I use for constant power?
The manual says that the "security system can control two common power door lock types without any additional parts." Since my car has a central locking and unlocking system, would I need a relay since I have four doors or will just connecting it directly be fine?
To my understanding, since the car hasn't had a previous security system, I would need to diode isolate each of the door triggers for the security system. Would the diodes have the current going towards the "brain" or away from it?
Thank you very much for your time, anything helps!
ladenbrosmuk is offline   Reply With Quote