Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
My 1st Vitz RS track event (videos)

Good day all,
I just wanted to share the loads of fun I had with my 2007 Toyota Vitz RS (MT) at my 1st and definitely not last track event in Trinidad and Tobago.

Despite the rain I was very impressed at how the Vitz RS handled on Kuhmo Escta 4x tyres and with TRD Springs (white) and a TRD Rear Sway Bar.
The car did lose traction at times and I could feel the car slipping however it just insisted it wanted to go around the track instead of losing control.
Are there any suggestions as to what other suspension mods that will improve traction.

As for power improvements a custom turbo kit will be installed in the near future as I hope plans go according to plans . I already have these parts for my turbo build; AEM EMS-4, Intercooler and piping, 340cc Injectors (3sge beams), 1zz Throttle Body, AEM water/meth kit, AEM wideband, a Garrett T25 and a Garrett T28 as haven't decided which one to use yet.

Here are the videos of my runs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGjXaU0a7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVFGB7g377E

and the car at the event,
Attached Images

KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
nevplus

Drives: 2008 vitz rs
looks good, good luck with the boost plans
nevplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
may I suggest if you plan on doing more track days/events, getting another set of rims, I suggest some 15x7. A lot of options for that size. On those I would get a better tire like the Toyo R1R or the Hankook R-S3.

I run 225/45 R-S3 on a 15x7 rota grids at autocross and track days and I love them. Given that it was rainy day and the Kuhmo Escta 4x is what you ran with is good for the wheather condition. But on a dry day, you probably wont see much improvement. Your best bet for cornering is beefy tires, then adjust your suspension to that. Play with alighnment a bit also.

Also, the R1R and R-S3 are street legal tires so you can swap your rims at home and drive to the track and drive back home. I do it all the time.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
yeah man thanks for that info. I was suppose to get a set of rims and tyres before the event but didn't get them so I had to use the oem rims for the time being. Yeah the toyo tyres are on my list of favourite tyres. I had a set on my 200+whp Toyota Starlet GT and they were awesome.
Attached Images

KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
MileyRickens

Drives: MileyRickens mini van
Send a message via AIM to MileyRickens
Put some vinyls on it. It will look awesome. Need any suggestions?