Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
nikola2004mkd
I've made a post!

Drives: car
Squeaking cabin sounds. Found the cause, needs help in fixing.

Hello.
Over time my Yaris has developed totally annoying squeaking sounds in the cabin. I know that rattle and squeaking sound are normal for Yaris, but what I am experiencing is just too much.
Now, I might have pinpointed one of the sources in the driver and passenger side windows.
When the windows are fully closed I hear this squeaking sound when I drive on non-smooth roads, or when I am pulling on the sidewalk to enter in the garage. When windows is partly closed, and I close the door, I can hear slight bouncing sound from the windows as it seems that is not firmly fixed within the window rails. And when the window is fully open I don’t hear any of these sounds.
I think that windows need to be tighten in the rails, but I need help and guidance in doing this.
Is this a simple procedure? Can it be done? Is there any manual with pictures explaining how to be done?

The other problems seems to be comming from instument pannel, who is loose and bouncing when driving on rough road, but will get into this one after I am done with the windows.
nikola2004mkd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rails., sounds, squeaking, windows