Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
WhatYarisitAgain

Drives: 2004 Yaris
Right Hand Mirror in 2004 Yaris

My wife is complaining that cars visible in the right hand side mirror appear much larger than they would in previous cars we have had, and are actually much farther away than they appear. She's also saying there are huge bllind spots that are terrible especially at night and she has to twist around to really make sure there are no cars in the target lane. She's not a complaining type of person. I haven't noticed it's terrible myself, but to try to do something to fix it for her I added a convex little circle stick on add-on blindspot mirror in the bottom corner of the mirror. She says that helped the blind spot somewhat but still especially at night it seems like the blind spots are huge, and if she does see a car reflection in the right hand mirror it would appear she can't switch lanes but that's only how it appears and she's frustrated to learn that the car she saw in the target lane was actually a safe distance behind and she could have switched lanes but didn't.

So to summarize, she says there are big blindspots and misleading size reflections.

I said, OK look, all modern cars have convex mirrors and some even have a warning printed on them that objects in the mirror appear closer than they actually are.

She replied it wasn't an issue in the Mazda we had or the Peugeot or the Dodge, did they not have convex mirrors? She had a point. They did too.

I just want to satisfy her so she feels good in the car. She likes everything about it except for this mirror issue. Has anyone heard of the 2004 Yaris being bad for blindspots and object reflection size?

Can I do anything else to solve the problem?
WhatYarisitAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blind spot, convex, lane, mirror, right hand