Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Westlander
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris D4D 52
Question Interior dashboard lights

Hi all,

First post, although have just used the site to fix a blown fuse on my windscreen wiper....do you know how hard it is to find out info on fuses on the net!

I have had my Yaris for 2 years now and the old work horse has clocked up 122k miles. In that time i have driven at night time without any lights from the centre dashboard. The one that has the fan/heater dials on it.

At night time i cannot see anything here so its fun when im fumbling around trying to turn heat down etc.

IS THERE SUPOSE TO BE ANY ILLUMINATION HERE?

Other cars illuminate behind the switches so you can see them at night. Have i blown a fuse, what can i check ?

Thanks
Westlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Does your car have the dimmer rheostat for the interior lights (pictured below)?

Dimmer Rheostat.jpg

If so, it may be turned all of the way down. If not (as Yaris from some markets don't), then check the PANEL1 and PANEL2 fuse, which are under the bottom of the under dash fuse holder.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
Zomgk

Drives: 2006 Yaris YR
i have this problem as well no dimmer switch in my yaris. checked the fuses and they all seem fine thought it might be the bulbs but the are fine as well. this has got me beat
Zomgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomgk View Post
i have this problem as well no dimmer switch in my yaris. checked the fuses and they all seem fine thought it might be the bulbs but the are fine as well. this has got me beat
So, your Yaris has the digital cluster and not dimmer rheostat (the thing pictured above)?

When you turn the headlights on, does anything inside the car illuminate (power door lock/window switches, A/T shift lever indicator, etc.)?
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dashboard, fan, heater, illuminate, interior