Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
kou

Drives: 08 lb
you need these 23250 22040
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Let me clarify when I say the 1ZZ's are to big. In my car, with no correction from the AEM FIC, it runs very rich. You can see what Im talking about in my profile pics of my dyno. With that being said, of couse you can use the AEM FIC to correct that problem. But here is the issue, you would have to use 1 of the fuel maps based upon TPS sensor input to correct the fuel trim when not in boost & the MAP sensor which is built into the AEM FIC to correct the fuel trim while under boost. That get very complicated & you need to find a really good tuner for that. AEM even suggests to use only 1 fuel map if possible to simplify tunning.

With that being said, I suggest finding an injector that is between the stock one's (190cc) & the 1ZZ (220cc) to make tuning much easier.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
You can change injector size through AEM FIC software very easily and it will automatically change injector percentages throught the entire rpm and load range automatically based on the size of the injectors you are using. U dont need a seperate TPS map, but You do need to clamp the mass air so the factory ECM does not go into closed loop during boost conditions. The FIC will alter injector signals to correct levels with larger injectors even in closed loop when you are in vaccume conditions. This is how AEM recomends tuning with only one map. Its much easier and less confusing then two maps.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
weapon5

Drives: VITZ
i am confuse what part number is the oem injector and what part number is the 1zzfe oem injector?
weapon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #23
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
Let me clarify when I say the 1ZZ's are to big. In my car, with no correction from the AEM FIC, it runs very rich. You can see what Im talking about in my profile pics of my dyno. With that being said, of couse you can use the AEM FIC to correct that problem. But here is the issue, you would have to use 1 of the fuel maps based upon TPS sensor input to correct the fuel trim when not in boost & the MAP sensor which is built into the AEM FIC to correct the fuel trim while under boost. That get very complicated & you need to find a really good tuner for that. AEM even suggests to use only 1 fuel map if possible to simplify tunning.

With that being said, I suggest finding an injector that is between the stock one's (190cc) & the 1ZZ (220cc) to make tuning much easier.
Should I run the F/IC-6 with 2zz or 1zz injectors?
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote