Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #1
BADIS

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Need help installing gauges

Hi all. I have a 2007 Yaris Sedan M/T .On the dashboard I have no RPM and no temperature gauges. Can you please tell me where to find stylish gauges? And does that car come with harnesses and plug and play wires?
I'm planning to buy some gauges but I'm afraid I can't mount them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BADIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
BADIS

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Hi all. I'm planning to buy and mount a tachometer and water heat gauges on my Yaris 2007 Sedan. I've seen some loose wires and harnesses near the engin. These are unplugged . My yaris is number 2. It comes without RPM and Water heat Gauges. I bought it in Sultanate of Oman. My question is: does Yaris come with ready harnesses to plug and play my gauges? Otherwise, could you please show me how to mount them? Help please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BADIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Just get yourself an Ultragauge or Scangauge 2 and you have all the gauges you need. they are all digital but you have them. You can also get just a run of the mill tachometer that hooks up with 3 or 4 wires (rediculously simple to wire in) but then you have to find a descent way to mount it that doesn't look to bad (harder than it sounds).

I'd start with a scangauge or ultragauge. Those simply plug into the OBDII connector.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Even simpler then that if you have a cell phone (smart phone) Install the ''Torque Pro'' app and get yourself an ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter. You'll have all that info and a lot more plus you can scan your ECU if a code pops up. No need for any other guage.

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote