Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
GMRelkin

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5MT, 2014 Yaris 5MT
2014 Keyless Entry Install Question

I just got a new 2014 Yaris. I love it, but I really miss having keyless entry. (Honestly, I'd love to make it have a keyless start and just work off of a key fob. But, project for another day.)

I've seen a great DIY for a second Generation Yaris, but not the new one. Is there a DIY out there for installing Keyless entry for the new yaris? I'm almost inclined to grab an arduino and an XBee and set something up with the existing locking system, but I think it would be a wiser bet to use something that already exists.
GMRelkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I put together a similar guide to my 06-11 one a while back, but never published it, as I have never had the opportunity to install one myself on a 3rd gen. Here it is:

2012-2014 Yaris Alarm and Remote Start Wiring.pdf
Old 03-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
GMRelkin

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5MT, 2014 Yaris 5MT
+1 to you sir!

Thank you very much! Do you have any suggestions for something like a Keyless Ignition? I really enjoyed that feature in my Z.
GMRelkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRelkin View Post
+1 to you sir!

Thank you very much! Do you have any suggestions for something like a Keyless Ignition? I really enjoyed that feature in my Z.
I actually developed a push to start interface for the 2nd gen, but haven't looked at doing one for the 3rd gen. My 2nd gen solution still required the key to unlock the steering column. Here's a video from the early development of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zinlD58Eg

The 2nd gen US Yaris had the mounting hole in the dash for the JDM PTS switch and I was able to import replacement trim pieces, installed it looked like this:

There were some aftermarket complete solutions for keyless entry and push to start that ran about $300. I would think that at this point that some of those would be available for 3rd gen as well.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #5
Majoto2

Drives: 2012 Red 3 Door Hatch Manual
I'm really struggling to solve how to install a simple keyless entry system on my '12 Yaris hatchback. The pdf that you uploaded, are those all different components of the board that is under the driver side dash or a different fuse/wire assembly elsewhere? I'm just trying to find the unlock and lock wires to get a basic keyless entry, nothing else. But I can't make heads or tails of what the internet is telling me. Also, if I have to get to that board under the dash how the heck should I get to it?!

Thank you for your time.
Majoto2 is offline   Reply With Quote