Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
For sale: HKS Hi-Power exhaust

I am posting this courtesy of ChinoCharles who is selling this exhaust (that he originally bought from me )

Quote:

$225 plus shipping

This is my pride and joy... my favorite mod for the Yaris before I went turbo. I am selling it because I have no need for it anymore and I need the money for other mods, but trust if I was made of money I'd keep it and hang it on my wall. I am in love with this exhaust. I got this second hand from eTiMaGo a couple of years ago. It came from Thailand. I've heard just about all of the Yaris exhausts short of the Nitto and can say it is the best one I've heard. It is low and growly. No buzzing whatsoever. Does NOT sound like a 1.5L car with this installed.

One of the most noticeable things about it is that side can. Its different than the HKS USA Hi-Power exhaust because of this... the USA one doesn't have it and I have never seen another one like it. As far as I know this is the only one of its kind in the US. IIRC the can is supposed to change the sound of the exhaust but I'm not 100% sure. If you know post it up.

This evening I spent about 30 minutes with a can of degreaser and some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and can honestly say its in better shape then when I got it. Another 30 would put it over the top. The only visible blemish is clear in the last two pictures... a slight scratch on the portion of the exhaust that faces the ground. It requires longer hangers on US cars but will mount to the stock brackets. Mounted the can tucks up into the body and isn't visible from the back.

PEEKCHURS

A piece of YW history.. I do miss this exhaust sometimes... As Charles said, it had a DEEP, very throaty sound, I had a friend with a turbo'ed Silvia who though I had an SR20 under the hood when he heard it :p

That side can is from what I understand a resonator, to further enhance the sound... it is LOUD, I must say... Took it off because neighbors would come and complain ahhahahahaha

here's some old pics when it was installed on my car, with the stock bumper:

Don't mind the sexy half-naked guy!

And with some RS lovin;:

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
if interested you can contact me or Charles, this is also for sale at MI:

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...Exhaust-(Yaris)

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
shipped from BKK? I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap! lol
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
shipped from BKK? I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap! lol
The exhaust is in OH. It hasn't been in Bangkok for years.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Hah, well that's pleasant to know. hmm Ohio is pretty close by. What part of Ohio? and how hard is it to install? Anything needed in addition to it or needs to be modded?
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
GOddamn, that no shirt picture wants to make me buy this shiet super fast.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

what can I say, sex sells...

But yes, it's a simple bolt-on, though Charles mentioned you might wanna also get some longer rubber hangers to leave some clearance with the bumper.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Hah, well that's pleasant to know. hmm Ohio is pretty close by. What part of Ohio? and how hard is it to install? Anything needed in addition to it or needs to be modded?
Charles is around the Kent, OH area. And it's very easy to install. You do need longer exhaust hangers ($5 at AutoZone/Advance)
Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
wowitswil

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
too expensive imo....
Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
For uber rare JDM exhaust? No if I had the money I would have grabed this without even thinking about it because it is freaking amazing!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
For uber rare JDM exhaust? No if I had the money I would have grabed this without even thinking about it because it is freaking amazing!!!
+1, very fair pricing for this certain exhaust. It sounds amazing too, have heard it in person on Charles' car.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitswil View Post
too expensive imo....
You can see nipples in this picture. Should be AT THE LEAST 500 IMO.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Seems the exhaust has been sold over at MicroImage forums:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ll=1#post27029

Time to close this thread.