Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
festrca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Just got my BB Liftback 5 speed

Hi:
Just picked up my Blazing Blue LB 5 spd. at McGee Toyota in Hanover MA today. Paid list + State Tax + 260 DP/Reg. Total 13594.25. Options: Convenience,All Weather,Back Bumper protector, Floor Mats and spoiler. (The last is a $200 option they gave me for free along with 2 extra keys for a total of 5 probably because they had promised the car end of July but it didn't come until yesterday). Anyway I'm peaking!!!! Took it to work and my 6'4 friend (I'm 6'2) drove it and couldn't believe he fit as well as he did and thought it was a blast to drive. I've only seen a handful of LB's running around here (Brockton area) in the last three months and NONE Blazing Blue.
Will let you know how the MPG goes, I filled the tank up to the top even though the salesman did do it to "normal" full to get an accurate reading.
What do you folks get for MPG?
festrca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Hey Welcome! And glad you like your ride! Keep us posted and post pictures!!
There's a fuel thread somewhere here, I'm just too lazy to find the link. Anyway happy motoring!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
Glad you finally got your car! When did you put down a deposit/order?
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I'm getting 32 MPG all city driving like a moron. Some have logged 40+ tanks.

Congrats.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
festrca

To reply to Slummy I put down a deposit the week of July 4th so it took almost exactly 2 months. The dealer told me up to when I got mine there were at most 2 Manual Blazing Blue liftbacks per every 2 week allocation for all the dealers in New England and from what I see I believe it. My own personal theory is that the West Coast gets the lions share of Liftbacks especially sticks. Incidentally the friend I mentioned earlier is a music buff, today he tried the CD player out and was amazed at the sound quality for such a "bottom line" vehicle. Only two (minor) gripes. The tilt wheel would be better if there was another inch or two of upward travel and does anyone know if there is a tach available aftermarket that would fit somewhere like it belongs? Is it prewired for one like the sedans? But very minor stuff only enough to make it 9.9 out of ten in my book so far.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
Check out this thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...highlight=tach
And thanks for the info on your wait time
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
festrca

Well, I've been busy enjoying my BB liftback and filled it up today after a week and 416 miles. Filled it right after the last bar started its flashing deal and it took 10.9,for an average of 38 MPG which leads me to believe that the tank "may" hold more the listed 11.1. A few observations:
1. Plenty of pep and very comfortable with lots of neat little features.
2. Feels like a sports car around the twisties, almost too good handling!
3. Since I drive on the enthusiastic side I think gas mileage is excellent although my routine is mostly rural/suburban with about 20% highway and 15% city.
Thanks Slummy for the tach thread...some ideas there, haven't decided what to do yet but this is a fun drive nonetheless :)hoping to get a pic up sometime soon.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #8
festrca

Finally got some pics so will see if this posts properly as an avatar, hopefully will find a better one soon. At about 500 miles the tranny and clutch seem to be working more smoothly and I am (almost) driving seamlessly at least the majority of the time!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #9
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by festrca
Hi:
Just picked up my Blazing Blue LB 5 spd. at McGee Toyota in Hanover MA today. Paid list + State Tax + 260 DP/Reg. Total 13594.25. Options: Convenience,All Weather,Back Bumper protector, Floor Mats and spoiler. (The last is a $200 option they gave me for free along with 2 extra keys for a total of 5 probably because they had promised the car end of July but it didn't come until yesterday). Anyway I'm peaking!!!! Took it to work and my 6'4 friend (I'm 6'2) drove it and couldn't believe he fit as well as he did and thought it was a blast to drive. I've only seen a handful of LB's running around here (Brockton area) in the last three months and NONE Blazing Blue.
Will let you know how the MPG goes, I filled the tank up to the top even though the salesman did do it to "normal" full to get an accurate reading.
What do you folks get for MPG?

Hey man want to meet up and you can see the HIDS in action? lol I am near the Home Depot, Target plaza near rt 140. I'll pm you whenever I get a chance.

just remember a silver yaris sedan with the H.I.D. retro
sam07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #10
yarisman1979

Drives: 2007 5spd Jade Sea Metallic
I"ve had my yaris now for about 2months...ive gotten as high as 43mpg ...its amazing...All my friends love mine...I never see yaris's here around worcester...Congrats on the car!!

YarisMan1979
yarisman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
Lowfront

Drives: Yaris Sedan
WORCESTER!!

haha, I'm in worcester now. I go to school here and work here but live in sutton.

Ya I've seen a couple around. At Qcc there are a couple I know of. I'm driving a lowered flint mica sadan
Lowfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #12
tacomafitch

Drives: 97 tacoma 93 previa, 95 previa
where did you get yours yarisman. i am in fitchburg
tacomafitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
I have only seen 2 liftbacks in my area (north central MA). One was blazing blue and the other was bright red...this one was in Lowell.
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #14
festrca

An update as of 11/20 and almost 4000 miles. Averaging 39 MPG and loving it! Everything works perfectly as I had been led to expect of a Toyota and everyone who rides in it thinks it is cool as well. Only thing lacking for total perfection would be a tach (hopefully someday when I get time). Still haven't actually talked to another LB owner on the street, I see maybe one a week buzzing by me the opposite way but I'm always looking when I stop places. There are more around now than a few months ago, dealers seem to have at least one or two LB's around at least for a short time. I would assume that the moderating gas prices have something to do with that but I would want this car rather than something else even if gas was 99 cents a gallon,it is fun!
(And I feel a lot younger than 51 when I'm driving it).
Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
festrca

Another update, 1/17/07: Now about 5300 miles, other than a tire replaced due to a screw puncture at the 5000 mile service everything still is perfect. I must say I was pleased with McGee Toyota's service department, very nice folks to deal with. Mileage varies a bit in the winter although the temperature has been fairly mild. Low 34,high 42, average around 37. Plan to go to synthetic next oil change around 9K as I used Mobil 1 in my old Festiva and the engine still burned almost no oil at 170.000+ miles when it whacked a tree and it was only a 1.3! (and driven more energetically than the Yaris). Still have yet to talk in person to another LB owner but the day will come!
Also noticed many more Yaris in stock at the dealerships but not many more on the road and even some discounting...until the next oil crunch anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #16
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
Mine is a 2007 Liftback in RED/Automatic. I commute to Woburn, MA. from NH (just over the line). Now, I drive 65-75 and been getting anywhere from 35-38 mpg. I KNOW if I stayed around the 65 area I could easily get 40(+). I got about 5500 miles on the car right now. Changed the oil Myself (I stay away from dealers/another story)at 4850 and put Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30 in using a WIX oil filter.
Even though I'm using Synthetic "some" may think you can go further till your next change but I'm going to change mine at the next 5k miles. .
Oh, and since I've had my YARIS (Clown car is what the Rugrats call it), I've only seen 4 of them out there...Blue, Black and 2 Silvers.
Anyone come across any window vents for the front doors yet? They have them for the Sedans but not the LB.

sambo42xa
Southern, NH
sambo42xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #17
festrca

Smile Incredible!

I think your average is awesome, esp. for an automatic. They've sure come a long way...my wife (non-stick driver) had a '90 Festiva automatic and while I was getting 40+ on my stick Festiva she was getting around 32. Also I think with synthetic I should see a 2-3 MPG improvement and once again will be changing it myself and will still stick with the 5K interval.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #18
festrca

8600 mile update....No problems with the Yaris (natch) other than getting the rear quarter stove in by a parking lot cowboy a few months back when I was parked. $1300 to fix a minor dent but thats what insurance is for! Average mileage has gone down slightly because of more idling/cold weather but still is around 37-38 and seems to be improving with warm weather. This car is absolutely secure in the wet at speed and I've been carefully seeking the point at which one feels insecure (which came up at about 55-60 in the old Festiva with 12" rubber) and up to 80 have yet to experience it,fantastic!
As a sidenote I had one hesitation when I bought the Yaris, that I might like the (then) unknown upcoming Scion vehicles better but to me they have gone the wrong way...more weight,size and HP, sure they'll sell all they can make but in my opinion both are ugly cars and the Yaris is still unique!