Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
Transport???

Anyone know how long it takes to transport the car from Japan to New England? Thanks!
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRD
Anyone know how long it takes to transport the car from Japan to New England? Thanks!
You don't have to start a new thread on the same issue/question, if no one anwsers for awhile just write again in that thread and go "bump" (meaning every new thread written in goes to the top) and maybe it will get someone's attention. Just a heads up, I'm not flamming you.

Sorry I can't anwser the question, my guess there is no definite anwser cause there are lots of variables. Such as logistics, not to say its unreliable but things happen. Since you are on the otherside of the world and in New England, humm yeah...did you order a car? Did the dealer tell you how long? from reading various posts it seems anything goes, even the dealer isn't reliable with info. Although you could get lucky!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
KittenRD

No, my dealer is useless. I would have never gone through her if I had known.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
ultimatehipster

Drives: Bayou Blue 5-speed L/B
I don't think the Japan Toyota location really tells the dealers much. Our salesman is wonderful, so efficient and helpful. He emails me back on his days off! Anyway... he didn't get all the information from Japan and would call with updates that were vague but all he had to work with. I think mine ended up not coming from an order directly from Japan, but the dealership traded for it. It has just what I wanted and came in a month earlier. SO, since yours is due in a few weeks it could be a trade or direct from Japan! If you have any desire (prob. not) to try a new dealer, mine is in Nashua - Jim Sullivan. He's the best!
ultimatehipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
So you ordered a car?

The problem is Toyota does not build cars to order, but you will be waiting for the next car Toyota builds that NE will get that fits the specs you gave your salesperson.

It shouldn't take that long, I ordered my car the official launch date in March and I got one in April. It all depends on how specific you are in your wants.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #6
KittenRD

Thanks. I thought they did do special orders....well that's what the previous saleswoman said. Actually, NE doesn't get the options I want. There is no power package in this region unfortunatly. Though, the dealership is "trading" a car from another region that is in allocation?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
ultimatehipster

"Orders"

Well, what they do is "allocation requests"... they specify all the stuff we want on the car and then it's flagged by the stock coming in all over the place.... It is a type of "ordering system"... but they usually seem to find a trade sooner...I got power pkg in New England b/c it was traded from somewhere else.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
KittenRD

Thanks a bunch! I did not know that. The dealer said "Japan has received the order and will be filling it soon"....she was a lying sack of s**t though. I don't think she even put the request in.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
ultimatehipster

Grey area

Well, it seems to be a grey area, my salesman said they put in the order as well and in about 4 weeks they would get confirmation from Japan... so I think there is some truth to that but the lack of real communication b/t Japan and Toyotas dealers is so bad that they have to wing their info to customers more than they'd like to. I didn't believe an order was in but I do think one was placed for our car. It's just not the kinda orders we are used to...