Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
gollygirl1

Drives: YR Yaris 2013
Coolant, Brake & Seat Question

Ok so I am new to Yaris - one week only - so a couple of quick questions.

(1) when I start my car it sometimes the coolant light comes on - on one really cold day it was blue, but most of the time is green when first starting up cold.
I am assuming this is normal until the car warms up (as the light goes off shortly after).

(2) Does anyone notice how the brake seems to be a bit higher in this car? (Level position to the accelorator but only higher)? Or is it just me? I am thinking I am weird - I have been driving a 1995 Honda previously and the brake did not seem so high in that but this was an older car, but right now I am having trouble getting comfy in my seat !!! My daughter has driven a Hyundai i30 and says the position is the same in that, so I guess maybe in more recent cars the brakes are higher for safety? and I have to just get used to it.

(3) And lastly, how do you put the seat up? I tried to pump it but it went down, now I am scared to try it again in case it goes too low. I know it works as the dealership did it, just not sure how !!!

Thank you for putting up with my dumb questions.

Yaris is the 2013 YR if that helps.
gollygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote