Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
chancellor6869

Drives: yaris hatch is the sh*t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Cool. Post a link to the youtube channel and I will definitly subcribe to it.

Reading back through my posts, I can see that it could have been a bit aggressive. I do apoligize if I offended you.

I also have dreamed to do an engine swap. Money plays the biggest role for me though. I enjoy rebuilding motors and I hardly ever get back what I put into them. It's just a hobby, and hobbies turn into money pits and are rarely turned into a profit. If I ever come across a good donor from a xD or something with a 2zz, 1zz, or 2zr. I will definitly make a thread on that.

I used to own a few CRX's before my Yaris. It was nice to have parts always available so cheap as they were. I did my motor swap back in 2004 with a b20. Mounts, linkage and harness was more expensive from hasport than my motor at the time. Honda aftermarket vendors makes it very easy with thier chassis from civics, preludes, CRV, Integra's, RSX to swap motors around non stop cheaper than any other manufaturer. It makes it twice as expensive with other manufacturers like Toyota because they demand just isn't there like it is with Honda's.

Boost, the replacement for displacement... right?
its all good buddy. no offense taken. money doesnt grow on trees and not everyone can afford to build what the want. im in the same boat as you. i just got my gopro and i am remaking a youtube channel just for my vlogging instead of using my personal one. so once i get that setup i'll post it up. i also want to setup a cruise and take a road trip but i'll talk more about that in my videos and try and get a response out of more people. i gotta figure what spot is the best place to meet...or maybe just get a group together and go on an existing cruise/meet.
chancellor6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #20
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellor6869 View Post
thanks guys, ive got alot of info on what this motor can so physically.....i have been thinking maybe i should just do a honda swap, maybe a b18 with forged pistons and a nice set of eagle rods. i have a couple friends who have swapped the rods and pistons out and running a t3/4 turbo setup and making some major hp....one of them being in the 500's.
i think trying to push this motor or build it to only reach 200-300 hp isnt worth money when i can do it cheaper on a honda motor and make alot more power.
swapping and building the swapped motor........... that is going to cost more. You have custom axles, need a trans, custom mounts, linkages, harness, ecu. Im about done with my new build and 500whp is the new target. If you want to swap, buy a different car. 400, 500, and Im willing to best 600whp is not unrealistic with the 1nzfe....... there just needs to be people who want that power and make it happen .

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #21
JL512

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I am looking forward to some economical solution towards the issue as money does not grow on trees.
JL512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Only way to make it some what economical is doing as much of the install and fabrication yourself. But remember power is addictive and you will always want more. I am Boosted @9-11psi with a customized Zage turbo kit I am still running the stock clutch at 130k miles with the stock engine. Now i'm in the process of putting together a built engine and upgrading the clutch and maybe an lsd then later make a new exhaust manifold for a different turbo etc etc. Boost is addictive like crack.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #23
chancellor6869

well as of this morning after dropping off my son and heading to work i pulled into the shop and guess what happens>>>>>lol boom goes the engine......i love hearing a rod being thrown lol.....now this gives me more of a reason to do something with the motor. i'll keep you guys informed on what i choose to do.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #24
kou

How did you blow the motor?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #25
chancellor6869

not to sure exactly, just a normal day out on the road. i changed the oil on sunday and thought maybe i left the oil drain loose but i didnt cause i checked and i also checked the fluid and it looked good and wasnt low.....i just think the motor was at its end......120,686 miles exactly lol.....but im ready to do some work to it.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #26
kou

Is your car stock?boosted?