Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Idler pulley for Blitz??

Anybody have a generic part number for an aftermarket idler pulley for the Blitz supercharger? Not the clutched pulley, the idler pulley that comes with the kit. Mine is making a little noise.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Contact Micro Image, as they tend to have some spare for the Blitz kits. If he doesn't have one, pull the pulley off and take some measurements of the bearing (or go to a local bearing shop) and you should be able to find an off the shelf replacement for it.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Noticed the bearing is clipped in. I'll try the bearing route. Any thoughts on the need for the ridges on both sides of the pulley? If I do replace the pulley, I doubt too many aftermarket or OEM for other vehicles will have those.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stlYaris View Post
Noticed the bearing is clipped in. I'll try the bearing route. Any thoughts on the need for the ridges on both sides of the pulley? If I do replace the pulley, I doubt too many aftermarket or OEM for other vehicles will have those.
That's a good question. I would think that the ridges should not be necessary, since the water pump pulley not just doesn't have them, but actually has a rounded edge.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Don't have a spare idler pulley, already sold that out of the parts kit - sorry
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I removed mine, popped out the circlip, knocked out the tired bearing and sourced a new premium bearing from an industrial supply house for under $20.00.
The original bearing had gone dry. After twice repacking it I decided a new one was in order.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
I removed mine, popped out the circlip, knocked out the tired bearing and sourced a new premium bearing from an industrial supply house for under $20.00.
The original bearing had gone dry. After twice repacking it I decided a new one was in order.
Do you have the bearing part number that you went with?
Old 12-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Sorry, can't recall offhand however it was the same code marked on the side of the original bearing. It was not a typical/stock item due to high temp seals so it was a couple days delivery to the industrial supply house.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote