Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
Foot

Drives: 2010 3dr yaris
Front speakers stopped working

All of a sudden my front speakers stopped working.
I read forums saying the fuse, the wiring, or the speakers. I did not want to go on a wild goose chase and I knew I could check the speakers easily. Pulled them out and checked the conductivity (maybe) on the speakers and nothing. I bought some speakers at Walmart ( thinking if they did not work I would return them)
I plugged them in and POW they worked. Installation was a pain, I needed to take the Dremel tool and cut out the old speaker and had a neighbor help place the new speaker in the holder. ( I see they sell holders for new speakers online but I have not the patience to wait for 2 day shipping thru Amazon).
I think now that one speaker died and I did not notice until both died. Both are good to go now.
9 years of ownership and almost 65k miles. Car works great, except the clear coat that I put a wrap on a few years ago. Keep going strong Yaris peeps.
Foot
Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Nice! Bet it sounds a lot better.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote