Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
So if I plan on getting the TRD shocks and lowering springs, I won't need to cut my stock bumper-stops? I can leave them w/o any modifications?

What if I get the TRD shocks first and then lowering springs later on (I'd be using the stock springs or if the TRD shocks come with springs, those springs until I get the TRD lowering springs), would I need to cut the stock bumper-stops in that case?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
So if I plan on getting the TRD shocks and lowering springs, I won't need to cut my stock bumper-stops? I can leave them w/o any modifications?

What if I get the TRD shocks first and then lowering springs later on (I'd be using the stock springs or if the TRD shocks come with springs, those springs until I get the TRD lowering springs), would I need to cut the stock bumper-stops in that case?

If you don't change the springs, you don't need to cut the bump stops.

You can do it later when you put on your springs.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #21
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
about the bump stop.. today toyota has my car they are replacing the trd springs.. seem that it had an issue .knocking on every bumps.. i told them to cut the bump stop and the service manager told me " we service the car for the lowering spring the way toyota does it."

Last edited by marcus; 11-06-2008 at 12:05 PM.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
marcus
toyota

ok just got an update... my car needs new shocks as well.. i just told them they better cut the bump stop..and he said OK...this just funny..anyways rental for me for 2 days.

maybe it ddint need a new springs to begin with its the shocks that f%^$ed..
Old 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
If you don't change the springs, you don't need to cut the bump stops. You can do it later when you put on your springs.
So do the TRD shocks come with those white springs I see in all the pics. I've seen of the shocks or is my dealer supposed to use my stock springs with the TRD shocks?

In either case (the white springs or the stock springs) they don't have to cut the bump stops right?

I plan on getting just the TRD shocks for now, then the TRD lowering springs and that $100 something bump stop kit I've seen in another thread here so that I won't have to cut the stock bump stops.

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 11-06-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #24
marcus
toyota

Quote:
So do the TRD shocks come with those white springs I see in all the pics. I've seen of the shocks or is my dealer supposed to use my stock springs with the TRD shocks?

In either case (the white springs or the stock springs) they don't have to cut the bump stops right?

I plan on getting just the TRD shocks for now, then the TRD lowering springs and that $100 something bump stop kit I've seen in another thread here so that I won't have to cut the stock bump stops.
didnt you see my post.. i had my car for 18 months and the shocks are gone im using trd spring..they didnt cut the bump stop..
Old 11-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
IsLNdbOi

Which post? I just want to know for sure if the TRD shocks come with the white springs they're always pictured with:

If not, then I can use the stock springs w/ the TRD shocks and not have to cut the bump stops.

Later on when I get the TRD lowering springs, I'll also get this bump stop kit so I won't have to cut my stock bump stops:
http://fatcatmotorsports.com/FCMstops_Yaris.htm
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #26
arunto

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
cut the bump stops :)
arunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #27
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Conicelli Toyota has the TRD shocks for the liftback for $304 with free shipping. That's a lot less than I paid.

http://conicellitoyota.oemdealer.com...1703_17713.php
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #28
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Which post? I just want to know for sure if the TRD shocks come with the white springs they're always pictured with:

If not, then I can use the stock springs w/ the TRD shocks and not have to cut the bump stops.

Later on when I get the TRD lowering springs, I'll also get this bump stop kit so I won't have to cut my stock bump stops:
http://fatcatmotorsports.com/FCMstops_Yaris.htm
Got my TRD spring, shock and strut package from Sparks. It was sold with red springs....TRD calls it the Sportivo package. Instructions included did not say to cut bump stops. If you get them, check the installation instructions. I am pretty sure you can just install the struts and shocks as a replacement but would not reap the rewards of the total package. Same applies to just the springs. As a further note...in the instructions TRD advises that the best results are obtained when the total package combined with a specific size wheel and tire combo are installed. I followed that except for the wheels and tires. Did it myself and have had no problems.

Last edited by Klink10; 12-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #29
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
TRD's supplied instructions state nothing about modifying the bump stops.
I did use the FatCat Motorsport stops and spacers with the TRD shocks, springs and swaybar.
I am happy to report that all is working flawlessly and the new found handling exceeds my expectations.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #30
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
Conicelli Toyota has the TRD shocks for the liftback for $304 with free shipping. That's a lot less than I paid.

http://conicellitoyota.oemdealer.com...1703_17713.php
holy crap!!! that is so friggin cheap!! well, i know how my next paycheck's being used.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote