Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #35
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
An update: after the wipers finally kicking the bucket for good, I decided to pull the motor and take a peek. Upon disconnecting the 5 wire harness clip from the motor assembly I noticed the harness side of the clip wasn't looking too fresh. The pin on the wiper motor side of the clip associated with the large black wire was completely corroded away. A trip to the bone yard yeilded a motor assembly complete with wire harness, from a very similar car with lower km. I decided to pull all the pins from the clip, clean them up, apply some dielectric grease, and swap in the cleaner clip I got with the used motor. I installed the new used motor with the newly rebuilt connector and everything seems to be working great.

So if anyone else is having this problem, check the connector to the wiper motor. There may be some corrosion inside the clip preventing a solid connection, or in my case a completely dissolved pin.

Last edited by myfirstyota; 05-29-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote