Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #37
Ronnie V

Drives: 04 3dr HB and 04 5dr RS
I would like to come out as well. Since taking back my white 3dr from my wife it has turned into quite the track toy.

Let me know when you guys are going, I bought a 10 pack of evening sessions on sale for my wife and I. She comes out and drives her BRZ. Good Fun!

I'm looking forward to 2nd Winter ending.........
Ronnie V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #38
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
A 10 pack of evening sessions?! Let me know where you found that deal. I'm interested in that for sure.

I'll keep you posted when I head out next, looking like it will be late April for an early season shakedown
Old 03-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #39
Ronnie V

I bought the 10 pack when they went on sale for Christmas thinking that this was a rare opportunity. $690 for 10 evening sessions.......good deal.

Then 2 weeks later they had a New years sale, same deal.

Then a few week ago they had the same deal for Valentines day.......so long story short they seem to be doing these "deals" quite often.

Next time I get an email about another sale I will post here right away. In fact, I would just call the track and tell them you want the 10 track day deal, I am sure they will be more than happy to take your money. :)
Old 03-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #40
tmontague

Hmm, good know. Although the sessions are $70 if you book them a week in advance so I don't see the savings there.

I typically pay $100 the day of so I can see if its raining or not. But since I have uhp daily tires now I'll probably go rain or shine and just avoid the slicks if it's wet
Old 03-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #41
Ronnie V

I was under the assumption that if we bought the 10 pack deal we could call the day before to register. That's how I am going to do it anyways.........so I get the pre-book price but I can wait to see what the weather is going to be like.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #42
tmontague

I see, ya that makes sense then and ends up being a decent deal.

Hopefully we can all meet out there soon for some fun lapping. It's looking like late April or early May when I'll be out there
Old 03-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #43
bri62

Drives: WHITE YARIS
I have some questions about TMP. Can I buy gas there? Do they serve lunch with the day lapping (10 to 5)? I just received my 2018 Yaris and it is a 5 speed. It is my first manual transmission in 25 years and the track day will be good practice.
bri62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #44
Ronnie V

Fuel is available on weekends I think. Your best bet is just going into town to the Pioneer.....less than 10 minutes away from the track. If you fill up on the way in it should last pretty much all day I would think.

There is a snack bar. Hotdogs, Fries, burgers, Ice Cream treats.........

I would say you're good to go except maybe some decent brake fluid. My Echo at TMP is a blast.

Have Fun. :)
Old 03-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #45
tmontague

I typically fill up about 50km from the track and after an evening 4.5 hr session (typically about 150km) I pull in my driveway with around a quarter tank or little less.

I wouldn't use TMP's gas unless you need race fuel, it won't be cheap. I also typically just bring my own food, I'm picky though so if you like snack bar food then it is always open in the evenings and I'm sure it would be on weekends
Old 03-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #46
giusepi

Drives: 2007 2dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I typically fill up about 50km from the track and after an evening 4.5 hr session (typically about 150km) I pull in my driveway with around a quarter tank or little less.

I wouldn't use TMP's gas unless you need race fuel, it won't be cheap. I also typically just bring my own food, I'm picky though so if you like snack bar food then it is always open in the evenings and I'm sure it would be on weekends
I always try to fill up at my tracks here in California. The owners of these small tracks are often on the verge of going out of business and any little bit helps. So support your tracks by buying gas and food and whatever else you can there!

When a track disappears, its usually impossible to get them back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
giusepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #47
tmontague

Quote:
Originally Posted by giusepi View Post
I always try to fill up at my tracks here in California. The owners of these small tracks are often on the verge of going out of business and any little bit helps. So support your tracks by buying gas and food and whatever else you can there!

agreed. My point about the gas being pricey is that paying for race gas in a stock yaris will cost much much more and won't have any benefit as the octane rating is much higher than the engine needs. I don't believe TMP sells 87 octane, I think just race fuel.

As for the food, I'm particular about what I eat so snack bar food doesn't typically fit that bill but I understand the sentiment of supporting a local track. They are not large money makers in most cases I just support them with going there for frequent track days
Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #48
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Quote:
Originally Posted by giusepi View Post

I agree here. I fill up off-site but if I need more I'll use 98 or whatever the lowest is. I also buy a bunch of food and swag.....because who can have too many motorsport shirts, stickers, or beanies LOL
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #49
bri62

Drives: WHITE YARIS
Well you answered my questions. Thanks! It figures that racing fuel is racing fuel. I can't wait to meet up with you, your car is quite a track car with all the mods you have done. I am expecting tour of the track in it. :]
bri62 is offline   Reply With Quote