Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #181
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That is not a bad idea. Although testing a manual LB might be a bit of a problem at this time, sticking to what you want is a good thing.

Did you buy your tacoma at one of your nearby dealerships? If you go back to that salesperson, they might be able to help you order and find one to your liking, faster then you would doing it on your own.

The good thing is the majority of dealerships will let you pay a small deposit, and ordering a car does not mean you will buy it.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #182
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
I am in contact with 3 dealerships each one in a different state. One of the dealerships out of the 3 is the place I bought my truck. They have no problem ordering what I want but I told him to hold off until I can test drive a stick. Right now to test drive a stick no matter what the options are in the car will be enough for me. I have only seen the sedan in person not the LB.

I don't want them to go thru the hassle of ordering it if I am not going to like/purchase it. I don't see why I wouldn't like it but I still want to see the car in person and test drive it first. My truck is sucking too much gas, on average around 17-20MPG...

Thanks for the input Why?
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #183
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
A test drive does make sense. I almost ordered a "Fit" during that pre-delivery hype of theirs, based on my familiarity with Hondas (I've owned several Acuras in a row). I'm glad I didn't, as now that I have had a chance to check out both, I much prefer the Yaris.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #184
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Hello!

Hi all,

Great board!

I ordered my !BLAZING BLUE! Yaris Liftback with Power Package last week, sight unseen.

I did test drive a four-door S model but the Liftacks are impossible to find in my area (NE).

Anyway, it should be here 1st or 2nd week in June and I can't wait to take it for a spin and start modding (wheels, tach, etc.)
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #185
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
I am in contact with 3 dealerships each one in a different state. One of the dealerships out of the 3 is the place I bought my truck. They have no problem ordering what I want but I told him to hold off until I can test drive a stick. Right now to test drive a stick no matter what the options are in the car will be enough for me. I have only seen the sedan in person not the LB.

I don't want them to go thru the hassle of ordering it if I am not going to like/purchase it. I don't see why I wouldn't like it but I still want to see the car in person and test drive it first. My truck is sucking too much gas, on average around 17-20MPG...

Thanks for the input Why?
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanoeuvres
Hi all,

Great board!

I ordered my !BLAZING BLUE! Yaris Liftback with Power Package last week, sight unseen.

I did test drive a four-door S model but the Liftacks are impossible to find in my area (NE).

Anyway, it should be here 1st or 2nd week in June and I can't wait to take it for a spin and start modding (wheels, tach, etc.)
Congrats. Hope it comes sooner than expected.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 AM   #186
JaiTomato

Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750
Hello,
Just want to chime in that I just purchased a Yaris last Monday. I got off the plane from my vacation in Florida and headed straight to the dealer. It's my birthday gift to myself. I couldn't wait...birthday is still next week. So far it's already 350 miles and still at 1/2 tank (according to fuel gauge).
JaiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:53 AM   #187
YarisDuo

Drives: Yaris 1.0 VVT-i MM SolHighPack
Hello everybody.

Brand new Silver Yaris in the streets of Europe.

Photos, feelings, facts, soon.

So far 150 km of fun with the Multi-Mode gearbox. Nice, sweet, soft... i will love to have a little more power but really, it's quite a good buy.

[moving forward]
YarisDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #188
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanoeuvres
Hi all,

Great board!

I bought my yaris liftback sight unseen as well. Didn't even test drive it. I just went on what folks had written about it for years. That its a good little car. Its not a good little car. Its a great little car. It is really nice to invest in something and have it be even better than I could have thought.

It really helped to be able to read info. from people in canada and australia and all over the world what a good car it is.

Last edited by foober; 05-12-2006 at 10:35 PM.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #189
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
Hello, I'm picking up my 5dr Silver RS w/ lowering springs + Borla performance exhaust this Tuesday. It's the first car I have ever baught and im pretty excited. I went from a 91 Infiniti Q45 to the Yaris which is quite a jump but I need fuel ifficiency and the looks, and Toyotas quality reeled me in. Well thats all for now I will show everyone the car on Tues or Wed in the pics section. Later
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #190
pyromedic

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Hello, checking in from Central Florida, bought a black sedan non S model last week and am very happy with it. Plenty of room and excellent gas mileage with toyota reliability.
pyromedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #191
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Welcome all other new yaris owners! I will be joining you in... umm ... soon i hope. I have put my deposit on a yaris and specified a black LB with package B (toyota.com) but im hoping i can get something close to that... in a month or so, whenever NM gets there allocation. I look forward to talking to other yaris owners.
-DARK505-
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #192
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Just got my Flint Mica "S" auto on Tuesday. Love it so far. Test drove one last Monday and they were able to dealer exchange one for this week. Love the look, pickup power is okay, and stock stereo is much better than expected (for an economy car). The center mount locations for MPH, etc. is okay and not a problem to adjust for.

Just put Scotchguard on the seats and floors. Thinking about adding the OBX pedas and door sills later.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #193
rob.
Hello, what have we here?

Drives: Blazing Blue LB
Talking Hi!

I have had my blazing blue LB for about a week now and I absolutely love it. Surprisingly roomy, great gas mileage, and just a joy to drive. I bought my yaris as a commuter car, I drive 60 miles roundtrip to work everyday. I also have a nissan xterra but that was costing me about $100 in gas a week once prices hit $3/gal. After two weeks of that my wife and I decided that I needed something a little easier on gas (and the wallet). I was originally looking at used echo's but then I happened upon toyota's website and there was the yaris.
Once I saw the LB, I was hooked. I bought it sight unseen, no test drive and I did'nt even know what color it would be! Needless to say this is a great car and is all kinds of zippy fun on the road.
rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #194
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Quote:
...was costing me about $100 in gas a week once prices hit $3/gal. After two weeks of that my wife and I decided that I needed something a little easier on gas (and the wallet).
Just curious. How much do you spend (save) on gas now?
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #195
rob.
Hello, what have we here?

Drives: Blazing Blue LB
It's looking like the yaris will cost about $30 a week in gas. (10 gal. at $3/gal.) So probably around $120 a month if I fill up once a week.
rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #196
jedi1701

Drives: Yaris 2 LB
Hello everyone,
I got my Red 2 door liftback / 5 speed manual a week ago, wow what a cool car, I am not some kid with a new toy , I have driven alot of cars over the years , I had 8 VW beatles from a 1960 to a 1973 and many other cars. I now have a 2002 VW jetta Wagon, 1991 Olds wagan, 1993 Subaru , and a 1991 miata. I looked around alot for a car that was like my old beatles and I found it here. This Yaris is as close as it gets , it's basic , clean looking , simple and fun to drive.

It's nice to know people still like the basics.
jedi1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #197
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.
It's looking like the yaris will cost about $30 a week in gas. (10 gal. at $3/gal.) So probably around $120 a month if I fill up once a week.

Hi Rob... you will be spending $120 a month on gas VS. $100 a week Awesome... I want the Blazing Blue LB also... What options did you get? Manual or Automatic? Good Luck with it and enjoy the site
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #198
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
Hello everyone. I have owned an 83 Tercal, a 98 and 02 Camry, an 04 Prius and now an 06 Yaris hatch and this is by far the most fun to drive car of them all.
The color is Absolutely Red, but the Avatar looks cool in orange.
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote