Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Karri'es Yaris

Drives: 08' Toyota Yaris
Low Beams not working

Hi Everyone, I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I took my car in to get inspected, and the low beams are not working. The high beams do work, and they tried swapping out the headlights. It is on both sides that the low beams don't work. They think it is an electrical issue. They have had my car over night now, and still can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there something I should be asking the mechanics? I am just afraid it is something simple, and I am going to end up paying hundreds for it. If this helps I have an 08 Yaris Liftback, I have never had a problem until now. any help anyone could give would be very much appreciated.
Karri'es Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karri'es Yaris View Post
Hi Everyone, I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I took my car in to get inspected, and the low beams are not working. The high beams do work, and they tried swapping out the headlights. It is on both sides that the low beams don't work. They think it is an electrical issue. They have had my car over night now, and still can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there something I should be asking the mechanics? I am just afraid it is something simple, and I am going to end up paying hundreds for it. If this helps I have an 08 Yaris Liftback, I have never had a problem until now. any help anyone could give would be very much appreciated.
lol they thought its electrical issue but they never thought of fuse blown.. if its fuse youll spend less than a dollar just swap it..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Karri'es Yaris

Wouldn't that be the first thing they would check?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
yes it should be unless ur shop is trying to milk you..im just saying but it can definetely be some electrical issue..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I bet it's just the bulbs. When just one dies you really don't notice it, but once both are out you obviously do.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
check the bulbs and the fuse...
Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Karri'es Yaris

Well I just a call, after all that, they replaced the bulbs again, and it worked. Everything is fine. Thank you everyone for all your help! I am just so glad it wasn't something more serious!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Mine did that too, and the dealership looked at the fuses LAST (which it was just the fuse)! Then proceeded to charge me 108 bucks because they blamed it on my aftermarket foglights. uhhh, wtf!?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote