Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
imknotright

Drives: 07 Yaris sdn
Add remote to factory keyless.

My 07 Yaris Sedan with factory keyless only came with one remote key (Which seems to be normal). I wasn't going to pay the $200 plus dollars for one from the dealer. I found one on ebay for under $100 (MAKE SURE THE FCC ID INSIDE MATCHES YOUR CURRENT REMOTE) . I got it cut & then programed it myself. For factory keyless remotes I used instructions for Toyota TSB EL004-01.

1- Driveres door open & unlocked. Key out of ignition

2- Insert & remove key 2 times within 5 seconds

3- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

4- Insert key into ignition & remove

5- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

6- Insert key into ignition

7- Close the door

8- Turn ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" & back to "LOCK"

- ONCE for ADD mode

- TWICE for REWRITE mode

9- Remove the key from ignition

10- To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a

number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 8

11- Within 40 seconds of confirmation

- Press both transmitter Lock & Ulock buttons simultaneously

- Within 3 seconds press transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second

- If successful, the power locks will cycle once (twice indicates transmitter problems)

- Repeat step 11 for additional remotes

12- Open door to exit programing
imknotright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Does that really works? It seems nothing electrical is being done? As I know the key doesn't have immobilizer in it? So how does inserting it to ignition and removing it will program the key? Just wondering.

But thanks for the post though. Looking for an extra remote too, where on eBay you found it? Is it the same one as the Toyota one? Thanks!
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
The procedure is to program the transmitter. So you don't need to open up the circuit.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I went to Ebay and there must be 900 different remotes none for the Yaris. Many have keys already cut. Which one did you order.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
imknotright

I was patient & eventually found one uncut with the same FCC ID as mine for a 2006 Scion TC. I didn't car that it says scion on the back. The FCC ID is what matters. open your remote to find out yours & do an advanced ebay search for your FCC ID in titles & descriptions.

I also found this, no FCC ID listed try giving them a call to verify.
http://www.keylessride.com/order/cho...=2006&model=TC
Old 01-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
mmslot

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thanks "imknotright"

My wife just lost her one key she got from the dealer last October ! Anyway Toyota wants $300 to replace/reprogram ONE key. I called the guys at Keyless ride and they said the 2006 Scion key may or may not work. They said I could try to program it without cutting it, if it doesn't work, I can return it for a full refund. So I ordered the key and should have it by next week.

As far as the programming goes, do I have to cut the key to program it? Or can I use the regular key to turn the ignition on/off during the programming sequence? Thanks in advance!
mmslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmslot View Post
Thanks "imknotright"

My wife just lost her one key she got from the dealer last October ! Anyway Toyota wants $300 to replace/reprogram ONE key. I called the guys at Keyless ride and they said the 2006 Scion key may or may not work. They said I could try to program it without cutting it, if it doesn't work, I can return it for a full refund. So I ordered the key and should have it by next week.

As far as the programming goes, do I have to cut the key to program it? Or can I use the regular key to turn the ignition on/off during the programming sequence? Thanks in advance!
Hi mmslot let me know if it works, because I wanna add a remote to my keyless entry aswell. I was going to wait till the end of Jan. for keylessrides 07 remotes to come out, but if the Scion remote works for you I might go that route. Thanks MrMondayNite
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
mmslot

Mr. Mon. PM,
I will let you know. They shipped the key today from Texas. I should get it in Los Angeles by Monday--So I'll let you know.........Monday night!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #9
mmslot

IT WORKS!!!

The key from Keyless Ride for the 2006 Scion works fine. Just make sure you do not have the imobilizer chip option for the sedan. I used the procedure imknotright started this post with! Thank you imknotright! I saved $200!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #10
imknotright

Glad to see it worked for you. I do not know what the hell Toyota was thinking charging $300 for a key.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Still don't have luck getting a remote from eBay with the same FCC ID as mine...
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
bahri_3

Drives: TOYOTA VITZ
Hello everyone. I know it is an old thread but search performed was very inconclusive. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan in europe. The steps given to add another keyless entry is for yaris that have the ignition key embedded attached to the wheel. What should I do in my case since I have only the start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer. There is any other sequence that one can use when key for ignition is not available? Your help will be appreciated.
bahri_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahri_3 View Post
Hello everyone. I know it is an old thread but search performed was very inconclusive. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan in europe. The steps given to add another keyless entry is for yaris that have the ignition key embedded attached to the wheel. What should I do in my case since I have only the start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer. There is any other sequence that one can use when key for ignition is not available? Your help will be appreciated.
What year and model (KSP90,, NCP91, NCP95, SCP90, NLP90, ZSP90, NSP90) is you Vitz?
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #14
bahri_3

Drives: TOYOTA VITZ
I have the SCP90 (Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2006)
bahri_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahri_3 View Post
I have the SCP90 (Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2006)
I have a pdf of the procedure, but unfortunately, it is in French. PM me your email address, if that is useful to you, and I'll email it to you.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #16
hayduke
I've made a post!

Drives: '07 Yaris
Buy key and activate?

Can anyone confirm that I could buy this key:

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/to...20?shoppingcom

And follow the directions (bellow) to enable remote entry? I know I'd need to get the key cut, but I expect a locksmith will do that for the usual fee.

Also, I'm pretty sure my car has the factory remote entry system installed, but they wanted $250 for the key when I bought car used. They had a different "dongle" that they used on the lot to lock/unlock the doors. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imknotright View Post
My 07 Yaris Sedan with factory keyless only came with one remote key (Which seems to be normal). I wasn't going to pay the $200 plus dollars for one from the dealer. I found one on ebay for under $100 (MAKE SURE THE FCC ID INSIDE MATCHES YOUR CURRENT REMOTE) . I got it cut & then programed it myself. For factory keyless remotes I used instructions for Toyota TSB EL004-01.

1- Driveres door open & unlocked. Key out of ignition

2- Insert & remove key 2 times within 5 seconds

3- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

4- Insert key into ignition & remove

5- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

6- Insert key into ignition

7- Close the door

8- Turn ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" & back to "LOCK"

- ONCE for ADD mode

- TWICE for REWRITE mode

9- Remove the key from ignition

10- To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a

number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 8

11- Within 40 seconds of confirmation

- Press both transmitter Lock & Ulock buttons simultaneously

- Within 3 seconds press transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second

- If successful, the power locks will cycle once (twice indicates transmitter problems)

- Repeat step 11 for additional remotes

12- Open door to exit programing
hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayduke View Post
Can anyone confirm that I could buy this key:

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/to...20?shoppingcom

And follow the directions (bellow) to enable remote entry? I know I'd need to get the key cut, but I expect a locksmith will do that for the usual fee.

Also, I'm pretty sure my car has the factory remote entry system installed, but they wanted $250 for the key when I bought car used. They had a different "dongle" that they used on the lot to lock/unlock the doors. Make sense?
They don't list the FCC ID of it. I would call them before ordering and make sure that the FCC ID matches the one on the back of your existing remote, or in your owners manual.

There are two different frequencies (and hence FCC IDs) used between 07 and 09.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
KenJones

Drives: 2008 HB
First post. New Owner. I bought this used for a family commuter. It came with only one key, no remote, from a used car dealership. Carfax says it had been in a minor wreck with no airbag deployment. It had been owned by a company as a fleet vehicle. It has the power package: power locks, windows, upgraded radio, split seats, etc. It does NOT have the blinkie light on the dash so I'm supposing it does NOT have the engine immobilizer. (Right?) I guess that means I can have a simple steel key cut for it?

The primary question is, can I use the above remote programming instructions to determine whether the car has factory keyless entry? If the door locks cycle as described in the instructions does that mean factory keyless entry is installed? I know, it would be silly for it to NOT be installed and the locks cycle, but I just checking before I drop $200 for a new remote.

BTW, is keylessride.com the best place to get remotes? The site looks very professional and the prices look inline with another site I was trying to get a dongle for a 2000 Silverado.

Thanks!
KenJones is offline   Reply With Quote