Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Strat

Drives: 2008 Yaris 4-door hatchback
Suggestions for wipers on 2008 Yaris.

Hey guys. 1st-time poster, here! :D

It's a bit disheartening shopping for wiper blades because it seems that no matter which ones we pick, we always end up with major streaking.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to which ones I should go for next?

So far, I have tried the MotorMaster (Canadian Tire), Tric Force, OEM, and close to pretty much anything Canadian Tire has available.

I'm thinking of the Trico NeoForm which are *not* available at CT but I'm tired of the streaks which are so bad that it's making driving in the rain extra challenging, right now.

If it's something that's available in Canada, that'd be fantastic!

Looking forward to your replies! :)
Strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Suggestions for wipers on 2008 Yaris.

Nothing wrong with oem inserts. Available from Toyota parts department and cheap.

Of course that is only an option if you still have your oem blades kicking around. You can also try treating your window with RainX. I don't understand why you have such an issue with streaking. We've all used a variety of replacement options, and no one complains of consistent streaking issues across all brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by WeeYari; 09-19-2014 at 05:07 PM.
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I haven't had issues. My glass is always treated with rainx but mind you, I do get streaks when using the fluid to clean the glass. But it is never an issue with rain.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
I use the ones from Canadian Tire that cost about $10 each. havent had any streaking issues with them.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
Bosch Icon beam blades.

I've used them in four cars, over the last couple years, worked fine in all of them in all weather.

I find that going a little shorter than OEM length on the driver's side actually gets you better wiper action - less tendency for the blade to lift at highway speeds. You may not be able to buy a Bosch blade the same length; but a couple inches shorter will probably work okay without a gap where the passenger-side wiper path comes up against it.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
fourbangingfun

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
When I went to advanced auto parts I could only find a "uni" style blade that would fit the drivers side. A year later it's running well and streak free. The passenger side's blade is so short I had to buy a traditional multi pressure point blade for it. It works fine just doesn't look as clean as the uni style in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fourbangingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #7
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I've never had issues with the driver's side 26" blade. It never lifted at hwy speed.

As for the passenger side, they are mostly available in 14" for the hatch. But the sedan's 13" is a bit harder to find.
I did find them in both walmart's viewmax brand and Canadian tires' reflex brand.

I also notice that such small wipers are hard to find in the states, especially the frameless ones.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #8
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Streaks result from dirt on the wiper blade or windshield. Scrub the blades with a stiff brush soaked in alcohol or windshield washer fluid. Feel the windshield for embedded debris and scrub that off too if you find any.

Try parking the blades vertical instead of horizontal.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
I've never had issues with the driver's side 26" blade. It never lifted at hwy speed.

As for the passenger side, they are mostly available in 14" for the hatch. But the sedan's 13" is a bit harder to find.
I did find them in both walmart's viewmax brand and Canadian tires' reflex brand.

I also notice that such small wipers are hard to find in the states, especially the frameless ones.
Frameless states?
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote