Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
Damo

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3-Door Hatch white
Having trouble with one Maguires product - Any thoughts?

Greetings all.

After buying a whole bunch of top quality Maguires cleaners for my car, everything has come up fantastic - with the exception of one part.

I bought the Natural Shine Protectant for cleaning the vinyl surfaces, dash etc. I cleaned down the excess debris and dust with a damp microfibre cloth, washed it, then applied the Natural Shine, but its coverage doesnt seem to be uniform (even though I was spreading it evenly) and the end result is somewhat patchy and streaky.

At first I thought there may have been ground in dirt that may have mixed with the cleaner, giving me the streaks that Im seeing, but it looks like Ill definitely need another coat or two.

Has anyone else used this product and care to comment? (This is the matte finish version) Should I just apply more or is this result unusual?

Thanks in advance!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote