Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
thelintonwyrm

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS, 2dr. 5spd. HB
Audio Wiring Questions 2008 Yaris RS 2dr. HB

Hi, I am replacing my factory 6 disc CD player with a Kenwood eXeclon DPX792BH.

My favorite Toyota dealer printed out the factory Audio System Wiring Schematic for me. Most of the wires are easy peasy. However i'm unsure on a few wires.

1) The [blue] Toyota wire in Pin 4 is the constant power from the battery or (BAT), however i am a little worried. This wire is actually just a connection to the 15a dome light. If someone left the dome light on, would power not be also on to my head unit? or would the ACC [grey] Toyota wire Pin 3 switch the unit off automatically as soon as the car is turned off?

2) The 2 Toyota green (ILL+ and ILL-) wires have no connection point per the Kenwood wiring diagram. Am I to terminate these wires and leave them in the dash? My assumption is these wires allow the Toyota dash light fader to dim the head unit. I'd like this to work, but if its not something kenwood can do, then i guess i'll just leave them.

3) the Toyota Pin 3 [white] SPD wire has no where to connect to the kenwood unit. It must be essential... or not?

4) Kenwood provides 3 addition wires.
a) [Brown] mute control for navigation. (do not need)
b) [Blue/White] Power Antenna or power amplifier power control.
(which i will wire to my amplifier for remote turn on.)
c) [light blue/yellow] For steering remote wires

I am left with a group of 4 wires from Toyota also.
Pin 15 [red] ARO
Pin 16 [black] ASGN
Pin 17 [white] ALO
Pin 18 [grey] AGND
Pin 19 [red] AUXO
My assumption is that these are pre-wired in for factory steering wheel controls.

Since the Kenwood unit can have and Iphone or Android attached by plug or just by Bluetooth, I imagine that it will mute the speakers itself when a call comes in, thus leaving the brown Kenwood wire useless (as i do not have sat.nav.), correct?

I haven't looked at after market controls yet but that's where Kenwood's [Yellow] wire will go to. correct? i find it hard to believe with all the options on this head unit that one wire will control all.

That's my small little question post... please let me know if there is insight into the questions i have above, and I appreciate your time,
Cheers
Rob.
thelintonwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelintonwyrm View Post
Hi, I am replacing my factory 6 disc CD player with a Kenwood eXeclon DPX792BH.

My favorite Toyota dealer printed out the factory Audio System Wiring Schematic for me. Most of the wires are easy peasy. However i'm unsure on a few wires.

1) The [blue] Toyota wire in Pin 4 is the constant power from the battery or (BAT), however i am a little worried. This wire is actually just a connection to the 15a dome light. If someone left the dome light on, would power not be also on to my head unit? or would the ACC [grey] Toyota wire Pin 3 switch the unit off automatically as soon as the car is turned off?

-Acc would turn it off. Even if your domelight wasnt on, there is still need for constant power (small current) for the clock and some saved settings on the radio. It shouldnt drain your batt.

2) The 2 Toyota green (ILL+ and ILL-) wires have no connection point per the Kenwood wiring diagram. Am I to terminate these wires and leave them in the dash? My assumption is these wires allow the Toyota dash light fader to dim the head unit. I'd like this to work, but if its not something kenwood can do, then i guess i'll just leave them.

-If the HU doesnt need illum wires then probably it doesnt dim the lighting through the trigger. It may be triggered by ambient lighting (unlikely) through a sensor.

3) the Toyota Pin 3 [white] SPD wire has no where to connect to the kenwood unit. It must be essential... or not?

-This may be the speed sensing autovolume control? Aftermarket HUs might not have this.

4) Kenwood provides 3 addition wires.
a) [Brown] mute control for navigation. (do not need)
b) [Blue/White] Power Antenna or power amplifier power control.
(which i will wire to my amplifier for remote turn on.)

-Or amplify antenna signal

c) [light blue/yellow] For steering remote wires

I am left with a group of 4 wires from Toyota also.
Pin 15 [red] ARO
Pin 16 [black] ASGN
Pin 17 [white] ALO
Pin 18 [grey] AGND
Pin 19 [red] AUXO
My assumption is that these are pre-wired in for factory steering wheel controls.

-Yaris SW controls IIRC are only 3 wires for SW1 SW2 and GND.
Hope some of my answers are accurate and helpful

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote