Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Can I switch from manual locks/windows to power locks/windows

Hi guys and gals,

I bought my Yaris with manual everything, and wish I had power locks and windows. Is there any way to install power everything, and how much would this cost to do or to have someone install for me?
Thank you.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
lol saving some money initially now you are spending more on parts and labour...

I always get the power options for my cars no matter what
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
echaru
PsychMobile

Drives: '10 Yaris 5Dr Blazing Blue
Be nice dude. Some people don't have the luxury of getting the exact car they want because it's not on the lot.

When I got my Yaris, it was the only blue 5dr in there. There's no power option at all. I was thinking of installing power door and window myself, but risk breaking some stuff is not worth it for me.

I think the stealership can install the power stuff for you. Local mechanics can do it too, but I don't think there are that many mechanics who have experience with Yaris.

Funny thing, we are both in Ohio and we both bought the same year Yaris.
echaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
bentjazz

Yeah, be nice Caineroad. You dadgum Canadians....

Echaru, I'm pretty much happy with my purchase except for the fact that I wanted a 5 door and power package, but bought my Toyota during the end-of-the-year Toyotathon 2010. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my 3 door. My Yaris is black, but would have preferred Metallic Silver. At the end of the day, I'm a pretty simple driver. I don't put a lot of miles on a car/year, so an auto is just a means to an end from point A to point B. As long as that sucker is reliable, which for me is the most important factor in a car, then I'm happy....
Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
PROX4x4
1.5 or 2.5 both=0-60 in 8

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris
I have a 08 3dr Yaris and planning to install power door locks, they are around $40 to buy and if you have some car electrical knowledge and stuff you can easily install it your self.
There is a kit that converts the windows to automatic also but that one might not worth trying.
Here is the link for the automatic door locks:
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Cent...pd_sim_sbs_e_3
Old 07-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
romram

Drives: yaris hatchback
simple advise,
just stay with manual on locks & windows if you bought the car that way.
getting after markets are not that good, specially the motors for locks/windows. after sometime, you will end up changing the motors.
OEM are far better than replacement/aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I bought my Yaris with manual everything, and wish I had power locks and windows. Is there any way to install power everything, and how much would this cost to do or to have someone install for me?
Thank you.
romram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Aftermarket kits are cheap junk, as far as I've seen.

The wiring for the factory stuff is more complex than you might think. The most practical way to convert would probably be to find a junk car and strip all the related parts and wiring harnesses out. Or, trade the car on one that's set up the way you like.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
bentjazz

I think I'll take romram's advice and stick with what I have. Thanks guys....