Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Jeffbass

Drives: 2010 Yaris
2010 Yaris abs and slip indicator both on

I am getting a code 13 on the abs with a wire jump from pin 4-13 and a code 43 for slip indicator anyone have experience with this or could point me in a direction thanks
Jeffbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The 43 on SLIP indicates a problem with ABS. The 13 on ABS indicates:

Open in ABS Motor Relay Circuit
1. ABS1/VSC1 fuse
2. Wire harness (+ BM circuit)
3. Brake actuator (skid control
ECU)
Old 04-30-2016, 08:29 AM   #3
Jeffbass

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Ok so I think I found out the issue

Thanks for the reply . I think it was a code 31 not 13 . So I was changing the serpentine belt and I was rotating the tires and the passenger front abs sensor was unplugged . So took me awhile to find where I think it plugs in which was the only other lose connector . The connector was above the fender liner splash guard like dead center . I am guessing that's it but when I went to plug it in it didn't fit the connector above the liner was very stubby and the connector on the abs sensor was much longer and to deep to fit the stubby male end . So I have come to the conclusion that some bonehead before me put the wrong sensor in and it didn't work so they said o well tucked the wire in the splash guard and put the wheel back on . I have ordered another sensor which looks correct in the picture so I hope it works .

Do you think that both lights will turn off if I get the correct part in or will they need to be reset with a machine ? I tried the jumper reset while pumping breaks maybe that will work after the new one is installed .

The car had obviously been in a accident of some kind t boned I think they did a crappy job putting it back together when I was underneath I saw a bolt backed out about 3/4 of a inch that I think was holding the a arm to the body or sorta holding it . When I bought it I drove it about 40 mins to my house anyway I got it cheap and I guess you get what you pay for .

I am having one other issue with the passenger front window it is binding when going down . It goes down about 80% then gets stuck it will go down with both driver switch and passenger switch to the same point and it will go back up all the way . I am thinking the regulator is bent or some thing or maybe the motor wasn't installed correctly . I am gonna pop the panel this weekend and give it a look . Thanks again for the help
Jeffbass is offline   Reply With Quote