Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #19
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Heres something I predict will never change.

My wife and I have invented something we call sex. When everyone else finds out about it, theyre ALL going to want to do it too!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #20
sex

Drives: 09 5DR
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post

My wife and I have invented something we call sex. When everyone else finds out about it, theyre ALL going to want to do it too!
sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post

With your sense of humor, you're going to live way past 75 .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #22
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Seriously though; the women here in Maine use pine cones to brush their hair.
And you do not want to know what else they're using pine cones for.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #23
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
And you do not want to know what else they're using pine cones for.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
Gogogordy

Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
Great review.

I interpreted the transmission discussion as an endorsement of Toyotas selection of and use of it's well proven and effective (with this powerplant anyway) 4 speed auto. Not a criticism that a more complex is better, just offered more often than not anymore.

The fact of the matter for me is the complication factor and potential failure possibilty goes up with every additional gear added to todays ever more complex slushboxes so I'll continue to enjoy the intrinsic simplicity of my 4 sp auto-equipped '11 LB and think carrying that recipe forward is a wise decision on Toyota's part.

At the end of it all, a review is simply another person's opinion, and in this case I agree with this review, at least the parts of it I can relate to (I havent driven any Yaris but my own)

When I'm not driving my Yaris, I'm doing this:
http://gogogordy1.wix.com/scooter-aficionado
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #25
Flammable

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
More gears allows for more gear spread. Better acceleration in low gears while achieving low RPM at higher speed. I'm no engineer, but this is how I understand it.

I think the Yaris was serious for the first few years it was out. However, now it is a bit dated compared to the competition. Simple and effective? Yes. However, it loses in the horsepower wars, which is much more of a marketing thing than I think transmissions will ever be. That being said, there is a lot of marketing involved. After all, you don't have to have the best product on the market, you just need to make your buyers think you do. Unfortunately, the Yaris isn't a cash cow for Toyota in the U.S., but rather a gateway to the brand (as are most subcompact cars in North America).

Americans will likely always have big trucks, SUVs, and sedans and that's fine—as long as I have an option for the small cars.
My wife and I purchased our first Yaris, a 2012 SE, new back in June of 2012. The price then was just over 18k and after trading in our 2007 Saturn Vue we financed just over 11k from our credit union. We decided on buying a Yaris after renting a base model for a trip we took. The SE is definitely a better riding car with the sport tuned suspension. The base model we rented seemed loose at 70 MPH or higher and felt like a light car. The SE feels a lot heavier that it is when driving. One drawback as you mentioned is the reduced turning radius but it isn't that debilitating to me. The four wheel disc brakes are nice simply because they are easier to service. The upgraded exterior (front/rear facia/fog lamps, rear spoiler, smoke trimmed lights and upgraded interior are nice. I also like the blue/white SE seats. For the extra few thousand you spend over the competition you get a car that is very reliable and I feel will repay it's self over many years of repair free driving. With proper maintenance I don't why I can get 300k plus miles out of this car. We most likely will get another new or newer Toyota, my wife likes the Prius C, or perhaps another Yaris but we are keeping the 2012.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #26
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
I wish they had added more vibrant color options for 2015 like yellow, kiwi green, purple etc...

wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote