Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Corolla was trying to play with me

So I was driving home around midnight acouple of nights ago and I wanted to go around a slow car on the freeway that was in the far left ( "fast lane"). Once I was on the side of him, going to go around him and back in the same lane, because slow cars in the other lanes too, i can hear him floor it. So right when i pulled infront of him, he then switches lanes to past me. So I was like "oh no you don't", so i dropped it to 3rd and kept up with him. He had a newer carolla S, like an 08 model. Dropped with some yellow fogs and rims I believe. Anywho, I wish I had richard's intake manifold on so I could have passed him, even after his headstart of trying to fly by. Oh wells.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
nice

corolla is spelled with an 'o', btw
Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
dude civics try to race me on H1.....and I school them. Just get a TB it makes big difference in 3rd gear. I can hit 80 with no problem now.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
PETERPOOP

civics? what years? aren't they faster than a yaris, even though they sound annoying with fart cans and all. well i am waiting to get rich's manifold then get a xD TB eventually (if i can ever find one!).
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
civics? what years? aren't they faster than a yaris, even though they sound annoying with fart cans and all. well i am waiting to get rich's manifold then get a xD TB eventually (if i can ever find one!).
92-95's with no swap are easy kills with me but i thought any talk of STREET RACING was banned???

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
as far as I know, stepping on the gas on the freeway is legal - until you're speeding.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
PETERPOOP

it's always questionable, but that's why i posted this in hawaii section instead of the "track" section. Only people who'll read this is people who click "new posts" or hawaii people. anywho, it was definately not racing! not until im boosted will illegal events occur. muaha
Old 01-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
gwasabi

Hey I wasn't racing.....He was trying to race me....I just destroyed him. YEa I think it was the older 90-95 civics....some of the newer civics are quick but most of the guys who get the newer civics aren't douchebags. I don't understand why anyone would want to race a friggin yaris? I had this one TL rev me out and pace me the whole time.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
\I don't understand why anyone would want to race a friggin yaris? I had this one TL rev me out and pace me the whole time.
Because they need to pick on people with vastly less powerful cars to feel better about the miniscule size of their pee pees.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
gwasabi

Hahaha indeeeeed.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
There was a street race in oakland last week. 2 racers lost control and hit each other spun out hit a gas main then crashed into someones house. House caught on fire and burnt to the ground. Luckily the family managed to get out alive before witnessing thier house burn to the ground. The 2 cars involved ran away.

When i was young and stupid at 18. I used to go to the underground street races whne they began to really get popular. I witness a honda civic get T boned by a rav 4 trying to race as the civic was making a U turn. THe car spun out and glass flew to where i was standing only inches away. I don tknow if anyone died but must have been seriousely hurt at th ehigh rate of speed.

Another time when i had my 240sx. The first time i ever raced. My friend wanted to race me i his 240sx. When we got to the end of the strip cop pulled us over. I ended up having to serve jail time because of it. And now whenever i apply for a job i have to put on my application i have a mistameaner for wreckless driving and speed contest and have to explain every single time. Also since i am a mechanic by profession makes it even harder.

I had to learn and witness things the hard way. Dont try to race on the street. Especially on the freeway. Its just asking for trouble. And if even if nothing happens if a cop sees you, you are so screwed. YOu can end up loosing your vehicle or having it impounded atleast 30 days costing you thousands not to mention court costs and possible jail time, and a ding on your permanent record which will haunt you the rest of your life.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Thanks for the thread, but I'm closing it. I think YarisSedan has proven why we close "street racing" threads... someone ALWAYS lectures, and someone ALWAYS has a rebuttal, and... you get the picture.
Closed Thread