Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
flip_yaris

Drives: white toyota yaris
Fog lights and shift knobs

Hey guys need help on what is the best fog light that fits a white toyota yaris liftback? Would a pia fog lights work and if ever can you re direct me to a website with fog lights that fit my yaris?

Another question whats the best short knob that fits an automatic yaris? Same can you redirect me to it and let me know how to remove the old knob the install the new on e? thankx much guys
flip_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
What is a "short knob?" If you mean short shifter, TWM sells the only one I know of currently. You can find them at www.twmperformance.com. You can find knobs through your dealership, on Ebay, or anywhere else.

Same thing with the fog lights. The dealership is a good bet, but it is expensive. Ebay has fog light options for a Yaris stretching from about $100-150 shipped.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_yaris
Another question whats the best short knob that fits an automatic yaris? Same can you redirect me to it and let me know how to remove the old knob the install the new on e? thankx much guys
Honestly I've never driven an automatic Yaris, but does your shifter have a button on it? Lots of new Toyotas, Scions, and Mazdas that I've seen don't have a button to push to change gears, they're just gated. If you have a gated auto shifter then it is most likely a M8 x 1.25 thread, to remove the shift knob you just unscrew it and you would actually be able to install an aftermarket knob that is shorter and sits lower.

TWM's shortest is the M1 Abrams shift knob, and all of our knobs are on sale until September 30th. Let me know if you need help determining if you can easily remove the knob and determining the thread size.

Kevin
TWM Performance
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
M8 x 1.25 is the correct thread for the Yaris liftback. It is a gated shifter.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
M8 x 1.25 is the correct thread for the Yaris liftback. It is a gated shifter.
Thanks for confirmation, in that case all of our shift knobs would fit.

flip_yaris: You could lower you auto knob height with one of our knobs in that case since they are threaded very deeply. We had a customer in the shop last week and we installed a type R shift knob in his Mazda 3 to lower his auto knob height, it looked really good. Let me know if you'd like to pick up a shift knob while they're still on sale.

Kevin
TWM Performance
1-877-655-0540
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote