Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
We need a meet, or some sort of charity event!

You guys up for some charity events? I know my other car club does several per year. T4T is coming up (toys for tots- put on by the marine corps). We also do Aloha United way which was a few months ago.
It depends how many people we can get to go out i guess. It'd look pretty shame if only 3-4 cars showed up.
LMK what you fellas think.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
What is envolved for a charity event? We show up to these events and just hang out? Dude I think there are only 3 or 4 of us on here..

I would want to wait till i have my coilovers/exhaust on. Should be putting it on this weekend if it comes in this week. it's going through customs in honolulu right now since last wednesday.. grr.

I mean, are any of your guy's yaris's "supped up"? We might look like a pack of grandmas driving around
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
lol I got exhaust and gold stock hubcaps if that is SUPPED up lol
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
PETERPOOP

haha oh my. are you planning on doing anything else!? drop? tint? etc...!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Yeah, i have some good tires, RSB, shifter cage bushings, and Blitz intake. I had a whole sh!t-ton of stuff on order, but the vendor seems to be ripping me off. I cancelled my order, and may be done modding my yaris. Oh yeah, i have gorilla lugnuts too...oh my! :)

I don't think we need to have modded yaris's come out, it'd be good to meet people who just love their cars. This is after all just an econobox.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
This is after all just an econobox.
I will not accept this reality. You must continue to mod your yaris! Atleast rims and a drop!?!??! COME ON! AND EXHAUST!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Thanks for the heads up peter. I didn't even notice that the admin finally gave us our own spot! But I'm down for a cruise or something. Got a few mods on my Yaris, but I've been trying to keep it pretty low key. Don't wanna get pulled over by cops so much. Only things I have that are visible from the outside are my drop, tint, and exhaust.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
PETERPOOP

What kinda rims you lookin at getting? Everything you got is considered "illegal"! haha, besides the tint. Well depends on what percent you got! ;)

But seriously. Rims are legal now in hawaii, so you gotta get a set! You were the guy that wanted to do a engine swap right?

ps. where do you live/drive around that cops would hassle you? I live in haleiwa and the furthest i ever go with my car is pearlcity. but my car isn't modded all the way yet, so cops haven't even blinked at me.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Haha, no engine swap for me. WAY too rich for my blood. I'm dropped on Tanabe DF210s but they don't tuck the tires so I think I'm good as far as cops go on that. I'll probably even be able to pass safety check without worrying about recon. And I had an exhaust on my last car and never got pulled over for it, but it's not like the cops are gonna be pulling over a crappy looking saturn that's bone stock except for the exhaust anyhow lol.

I was thinking about rims, but that probably won't be for a looooong time. I think I'm gonna focus on paying off the car before investing in rims. I'm ok with the factory alloys for now considering that rims don't really do much for you performance-wise with the exception of maybe weight reduction.

I live in Pearl City but head out to town quite a bit to visit the gf at UH, so I can't be riding down the waikiki strip with a suped up car. May as well just bend over and pull my pants down in front of the police station lol.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
PETERPOOP

True about the rookie cops in waikiki. That is pretty lame. I might be having to make the trip all the way to the zoo pretty soon to visit a "friend" that will be moving there. Not too excited about that.

But I seriously wouldn't think you have to worry about having an exhaust for your yaris. Besides waikiki, there aren't many other places that are anal about it. Especially if you got a legit exhaust for your car. Most of the yaris axlebacks are really deep and low. Not ricey at all.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

I'm 26, you?

Yah I guess you're right about the only real anal cops being in waikiki, but I kind of like keeping my car a bit low key in general because I don't want car thieves looking too closely at my car anyways. Not that they would steal the car, but my tint is dark enough that they might be inclined to pop my locks and take a look inside.

I'm still pretty shocked at the deep low tone of the exhausts available on the Yaris. Who knew that a 1.5l motor could make such a sweet sound?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
PETERPOOP

i'm 23. Dude. I just put on my blitz exhaust. talk about lowwwwwww...... i'm about to take it for a spin and make some clips/pics. I'll post them on my exhaust thread!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
I drive around waikiki every night with 18% tint all around and windsheild tinted and I didnt get pulled over once. The greddy TiC I have is SUPER loud and it doesn't attract cops either lol not only that I got stickers all over the front of my car hahaha
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 AM   #14
PETERPOOP

Dude you are ASKING FOR IT! haha. post pics of your guys cars! Come on oahu guys! I need to know who to look out for to give the shakka!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
I drive around waikiki every night with 18% tint all around and windsheild tinted and I didnt get pulled over once. The greddy TiC I have is SUPER loud and it doesn't attract cops either lol not only that I got stickers all over the front of my car hahaha
I heard about your car from a friend.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #16
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Couple of pics of my car right after I got my springs installed:

And after I got rear ended by some jerk not paying attention:

Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #17
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

It's kinda hard to see from the pics, but from what i see looks nice.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #18
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Thanks, I'll get more recent pics up next time I wash my car. Still gotta make my yw garage.