Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
beaglemobile

Drives: 2008 white hatchback
New Member Introduction -- Hi, Guys!

Hi, guys. I discovered this forum back in the summer and lurked in the Fuel Economy Forum, but did not join. Last weekend, YAR1S left a YarisWorld card on my car when it was parked in the lot outside of his job, so I joined. It is nice to see so many other people with this car -- there really aren't that many in my town.

Before getting this Yaris, I'd never bonded with a car. There weren't any liftbacks for sale at my local dealership, so I went on a road trip to drive one. The only one they had at that dealership was out of alignment, so I ordered one through the credit union's car buying service. White Yaris arrived a few days later. It was love at first sight.

I liked the Yaris so much that I wrote to the chairman of Toyota to tell him. The GM of customer relations wrote back to me and sent a really cool diary. Here's the text of what he wrote.

Dear beaglemobile:

This is to acknowledge your letter of December 31, 2007, addressed to Mr. Fujio Cho, Chairman of the Board, which has been directed to us for reply.

We are delighted to hear of your enthusiasm for our products, and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write. Receiving letters of appreciation such as yours is a great pleasure for us, and serves as motivation to continue our utmost efforts to produce products that will gain your lasting support and approval.

We have taken the liberty of circulating your letter among our divisions so that management and employees alike can share pride and thankfulness.

As a small token of our appreciation, we would like to present you with the enclosed Toyota diary. We hope you will like it.

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of Toyota.

Sincerely,

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION

Kazunori Harada
General Manager
Overseas Operations Department
Customer Relations Division

Here's a photo of what I haul around in our beaglemobile:

beaglemobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Welcome!!

(yeah, all that!)

That's a cool photo up there with the cute little dog! Not easy to get a dog to look at the camera, is it ?

I'm relatively new here myself, just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and the members of this forum helped me out already!

I have an "Absolutely Red" Yaris LB 20007 (see the picture in "my garage" if you are interested). I'm still getting used to the car as you can probably tell by the kind of questions I ask.

This is the newest car I've ever owned, and I'm real proud of it.

You know sometimes, people in the street stare at it a litte because there aren't all that many around, especially compared to the FIT and the Toyota Matrix.

So in a way, we're trend setters :)

See you around! :)

Last edited by tomato; 02-24-2009 at 05:19 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
welcome aboard and....i love your doggy!

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Hi,

Welcome!

yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
beagles rock!
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
beaglemobile

Drives: 2008 white hatchback
tomato -- the red Yaris are nice, especially after they've been waxed. Somehow they just look shinier.

eTiMaGo -- your beagle is . I can't wait until Sally settles in enough to sprawl out like that. We got her from the shelter about a month ago and I think someone mistreated her -- she's scared of *everything*.

Here are a couple pictures of her looking not quite as timid.

beaglemobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
SeaYa
Is about to 'SeaYa' later

Drives: 08 MT Sedan
Haha, cute! Welcome to YarisWorld...this site opened my eyes to a lot of new things about the Yaris, hope it helps you too!
SeaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Welcome to the forums!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Welcome!
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Awwwwwwwwwwww... Beaglemobile, Etimago, you guys have great dogs! Made my day!

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote