Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
detailing

for those of you that do pay how much have you payed for a detailing i mean full car under hood they'd even throw in an enama if you ask

because some one asked me if i wanted my car detail and he's saying like $45 a low price
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)

Last edited by KSIbucky; 12-26-2006 at 11:49 PM.
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
[QUOTE=KSIbucky;44214]they'd even throw in an enama if you ask
QUOTE]

A what?.....
Old 12-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
Depends on what gets done.

For example, for a full detail, including ext wash, clay, polish (2 stage), wax/sealant, and interior, it takes about 8 hrs or more, depending on condition, i charge around $200, more or less. For a simple wash and wax, it costs significantly less.
JDMVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIbucky View Post
for those of you that do pay how much have you payed for a detailing i mean full car under hood they'd even throw in an enama if you ask

because some one asked me if i wanted my car detail and he's saying like $45 is that to much
i dont think you'd get much from a $45 detail job. for that price, you'd prolly get a wash, wax, interior touch up, and some tire dressing. i takes at least 3 hours (upto 6) for me to detail any vehicle, depending on the severity of paint swirls and surface contaminants. save the $45 and just DIY!! no one will take better care of your car than you!!

--B
Old 12-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
If someone offers to detail your car for $45, run away. I spent 5 hours detailing my Yaris when it was 2 days old.

Perhaps they meant $45 an hour.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMVitz View Post
Depends on what gets done.

For example, for a full detail, including ext wash, clay, polish (2 stage), wax/sealant, and interior, it takes about 8 hrs or more, depending on condition, i charge around $200, more or less. For a simple wash and wax, it costs significantly less.
thats what i thought
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #7
Yaris_Fan

Drives: Liftback Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
If someone offers to detail your car for $45, run away. I spent 5 hours detailing my Yaris when it was 2 days old.

Perhaps they meant $45 an hour.
What processes did you use detailing your Yaris? My buddy has a white liftback and I'd sure like to pass on how you got your's to pop.

nice job!!!
Yaris_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
acrbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris_Fan View Post
What processes did you use detailing your Yaris? My buddy has a white liftback and I'd sure like to pass on how you got your's to pop.

nice job!!!
First of all that pic in my sig is just a photoshop. Second is that its hard to make white "pop".

The day after I picked up the car I was looking closely and realized that the paint was infested with rail dust. If your buddy looks closely he will probably see thousands of little rust spots in the paint. Thats rail dust that gets embedded in the paint and starts to rust.

The first thing I did was to clay bar the entire car, paying careful attention to any horizontal surface.

It takes a long long time but you will feel better after your done.

The next step was to apply some polish. I used the mothers 3 step system. 1st was the claybar, then I hit it with some sealer/glaze. Some people might think I am insane for polishing a brand new car. I know that the car had probably seen a few washes at the hands of the dealership, and its difficult to see light swirl marks on white so I just figured I might as well get things perfect from the start.

The next step was to hit it with the carnuba liquid. It was getting late so I only did one layer.

This was all hand applied also.

Here is a pic I took right after I got finished.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
Yaris_Fan

Drives: Liftback Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
First of all that pic in my sig is just a photoshop. Second is that its hard to make white "pop".

The day after I picked up the car I was looking closely and realized that the paint was infested with rail dust. If your buddy looks closely he will probably see thousands of little rust spots in the paint. Thats rail dust that gets embedded in the paint and starts to rust.

The first thing I did was to clay bar the entire car, paying careful attention to any horizontal surface.

It takes a long long time but you will feel better after your done.

The next step was to apply some polish. I used the mothers 3 step system. 1st was the claybar, then I hit it with some sealer/glaze. Some people might think I am insane for polishing a brand new car. I know that the car had probably seen a few washes at the hands of the dealership, and its difficult to see light swirl marks on white so I just figured I might as well get things perfect from the start.

The next step was to hit it with the carnuba liquid. It was getting late so I only did one layer.

This was all hand applied also.

Here is a pic I took right after I got finished.

That's sweet!

Are your windows tinted? Hard to tell in that picture. I think tint looks especially good on white.

If they though you were crazy polishing your new car wait to they watch me machine polish mine as soon as the weather breaks.
Yaris_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:33 PM   #10
acrbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris_Fan View Post
That's sweet!

Are your windows tinted? Hard to tell in that picture. I think tint looks especially good on white.

If they though you were crazy polishing your new car wait to they watch me machine polish mine as soon as the weather breaks.
no tints. Eventually I will tint the back windows. Too bad IL has front tint laws...