Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
dever24
I've made a post!

Drives: 2013 Yaris YRS
2013 Yaris YRS digital radio problem

Hi!
3 weeks ago I purchased a 2013 Yaris YRS. When I picked it up, the dealer was showing me the radio system, and at the time when the fm radio was selected, it showed a list of available radio stations on the right hand side of the screen. He hit something and it went away, and he dismissed it, saying "ah you'll get it back."

Since then, I haven't been able to do much with the radio.

When it's on the radio, I can surf between 3 preset stations - that are just fuzz and not real stations. Although the search < > buttons are on the touch screen, touching them does nothing - I cannot surf the radio.

And there's nothing at all on the right hand side of the radio - just a blank screen with the serial number and ecode.

When I connect my phone via bluetooth to listen to songs, it's sort of the same deal - the touch screen doesn't do much. I can pause songs and that's it.

I cannot forward or back through my songs, and the right hand side of the screen where it should list everything is just blank with the serial number and ecode.

Same with when I try to play via USB.

When I go to the "phone" option, the whole thing stops and I cannot go back to any other screen - I have to turn the whole system off then on again to get back to being able to select between radio/bluetooth/etc.

I have poured over and over the settings, every button, the manual front to back and back to front.

Is there a way to reset the whole system? I know it works, because I have seen it there at the dealership when I test drove and again when I picked it up before the dealer did something to it!

Thanks so much for any help or advice.
I've attached some screen shots - hopefully they worked!

~Dee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaris1.JPG (87.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg yaris2.JPG (89.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg yaris3.JPG (89.5 KB, 49 views)
dever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
ReedH

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
What happens if you disconnect your battery for 15 minutes? That should restore the factory settings.

Also, have you tried inserting a CD?
ReedH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital radio, yaris, yrs