Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
kralmrax

Drives: 06 yaris rs
Factory Stereo and Audio

I'm still waiting for my Yaris to reach the dealership (about another week), and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the factory mp3 player and audio is like? I already have a decent system I can install, but was hoping I might be able to avoid the added pain! Any thoughts?
kralmrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
stormdog

Drives: Yaris
I've had my 2006 black for a month now. I ordered the $100.00 option for the 4 speakers and the single disc Mp3 player. The radio reception is good and the sound is pretty good for price of the option. Certainly better than the $450.00 system Ford supplied for my Explorer. I am not certain if the 6 disc unit has better sound. If great sound is important perhaps an aftermarket would be better. The Yaris is very quiet inside, just a little more so than my Explorer. A good system can really be appreciated, even at highway speeds.
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:06 AM   #3
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I have the 6-disc system. If you can forgive the lack of accurate and objective evaluation, which I think is impossible, I would say the system sounds like a good low priced mini stereo set. Not bad at all! It does not have the bass that can disturb the next car's driver, but it certainly produces rich, full-bodied and clear sound. AM reception is affected by the static discharged by some fluorescent tubes when the antenna passes closely under them in some indoor parking lots though. Just one more thing, the volume knob is too small for convenient volume adjustment, but that I guess is something that one can get used to.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote