Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #91
roundysquare

Drives: scion xb
birdy,
how much would something like that run us? Do you machine billet for the housing? If you run a CAD/CAM I could create a cool 3D CAD file for the housing...
roundysquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #92
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundysquare
birdy,
how much would something like that run us? Do you machine billet for the housing? If you run a CAD/CAM I could create a cool 3D CAD file for the housing...
I do fabrication on everything, It will run cost for the first 10 people I make so they can try it out and see if there are any bugs and then cost+labor for final product. Thats how I do everything else I have made.
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #93
Master
Hella Smart

Drives: Lexus IS300
so i called my dealership... wondering if there any black HB's.

i wanted these specifics:

-black
-manual
-convenience
-power

turns out there's only ONE black HB yaris and it's an auto. this isn't AT the dealership but ALL in california. so yea...seems i'll be waiting a bit
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #94
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
At least they have a Yaris. My dealership is still waiting.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #95
birdy
I stay G'd Up

I called another dealership today and they didn't even know what the yaris was.

morons
Old 03-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #96
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
I called another dealership today and they didn't even know what the yaris was.

morons
That is too funny, and rather pathetic. You think they Regional Manager would've set the salespeeps up with a test drive by now.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:38 PM   #97
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
Picked Up My Car Today!!!

Hi Everyone!!! I just picked up my Yaris today... it's the exact same car that's on page 5 of this discussion, the red automatic liftback! Lots of little kids in minivans pointing at it on the way home, and people at the drugstore parking lot asking what kind of car it was, etc. The dealership, Toyota of Newport, RI, was great (not something I can say about other car buying experiences) FYI, they'll be getting another automatic liftback with the convenience package in on April 15th, in silver, and as of yet it's not spoken for. It's not on their website or anything so I thought I would pass on the word for anyone close enough to do business in RI.

P.S. I'm not missing something with the mirrors, I am? I DID have to reach out the window and adjust the mirror with my hands, right? There's no little stick inside the car that manually adjusts them from inside the door?
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #98
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatnick79
Hi Everyone!!! I just picked up my Yaris today... it's the exact same car that's on page 5 of this discussion, the red automatic liftback! Lots of little kids in minivans pointing at it on the way home, and people at the drugstore parking lot asking what kind of car it was, etc. The dealership, Toyota of Newport, RI, was great (not something I can say about other car buying experiences) FYI, they'll be getting another automatic liftback with the convenience package in on April 15th, in silver, and as of yet it's not spoken for. It's not on their website or anything so I thought I would pass on the word for anyone close enough to do business in RI.

P.S. I'm not missing something with the mirrors, I am? I DID have to reach out the window and adjust the mirror with my hands, right? There's no little stick inside the car that manually adjusts them from inside the door?
congrats neatnick, did you preorder your new yaris.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #99
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
Not So Much a PreOrder...

I wouldn't say I ordered it... I called my dealer, and said, "I'm really interested in the new Yaris, could you call me if you're going to get one in?" So, about three weeks ago they called me and said that one was coming in near the end of March. At that point I put a deposit on it (I was the first person interested in the car, apparently), and it was mine... hehe. Luckily it had the equipment I was looking for!
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #100
foober

Quote:
I wouldn't say I ordered it... I called my dealer, and said, "I'm really interested in the new Yaris, could you call me if you're going to get one in?" So, about three weeks ago they called me and said that one was coming in near the end of March. At that point I put a deposit on it (I was the first person interested in the car, apparently), and it was mine... hehe. Luckily it had the equipment I was looking for!
super. They're just starting to arrive here in the northwest. Sounds like in the next few weeks I might have one to choose. Hope so. Hows it handle.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:44 PM   #101
flash

Drives: 95 Corolla 275K, 01 Corolla LE
interesting how the best cars have the worst dealers... I guess cuz people like us buy them regardless (and write about them months before they come out!). They don't need to be good dealers.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #102
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:

I have a Yaris RS here in Canada and the side mirrors are electronically adjustable. I think that is included in all Yaris RS models here in Canada, I'am not too sure about the lower models.

Last edited by hoahmaru; 03-24-2006 at 02:13 AM.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #103
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I am in Canada and my Yaris RS HB does have power side mirrors. For the basic model, I believe this feature is included in the LE option package.
In the USA, I guess one will have to order the power package to get it.
Happy motoring!

Last edited by swng; 03-24-2006 at 02:32 AM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #104
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

My dealer just received its first Yaris HB.

I went and looked at it and test drove it, and ordered one.

It is much bigger than I imagined. I am impressed that it weighs so little.

Kept saying how manuals are going to be rare. ROFL. I worked with him, ya think he wouldn't try to push me to buy a slushbox.

Now time to see where I can get it modified.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #105
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
My dealer just received its first Yaris HB.

I went and looked at it and test drove it, and ordered one.

It is much bigger than I imagined. I am impressed that it weighs so little.

Kept saying how manuals are going to be rare. ROFL. I worked with him, ya think he wouldn't try to push me to buy a slushbox.

Now time to see where I can get it modified.
The first sedan just showed up today here in montana. I want the 3 door liftback. But they're starting to arrive. Hooray. Come on toyota. Alot of us want the yaris liftback manual 3 door. Send them out please.

Last edited by foober; 03-24-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #106
birdy
I stay G'd Up

I told my dealership to not even bother calling me until they get a black liftback with 5speed.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #107
Master
Hella Smart

Drives: Lexus IS300
^^^^ ME TOO DAMMIT
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #108
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Did you think about putting a deposit down? If you did they'd go find one for you.