Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
is All-weather option necessary?

I will order one sedan next week and do u guys think all-weather package is necessary? i don't think these accessaries in that package really help me with handle the bad weather... and it costs me $70
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
hans_fh

By the way, what is "Larger Washer Tank with Level Warning" ?
Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Just means it holds more washer fluid and warns you when its low. You know, for your windshield?

I believe this comes with a rear defroster, no? That is pretty necessary for snowy weather.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Just means it holds more washer fluid and warns you when its low. You know, for your windshield?

I believe this comes with a rear defroster, no? That is pretty necessary for snowy weather.
i think larger washer tank and low washer indicator are really not necessary... as long as you're not lazy to check you washer fluid from time to time. but rear defroster is very important... in cold, rainy or winter season.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh
I will order one sedan next week and do u guys think all-weather package is necessary? i don't think these accessaries in that package really help me with handle the bad weather... and it costs me $70
- All-Weather Guard Package: includes rear defroster [2], larger washer tank with level warning, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter, rear heater duct
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
hans_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
i think larger washer tank and low washer indicator are really not necessary... as long as you're not lazy to check you washer fluid from time to time. but rear defroster is very important... in cold, rainy or winter season.
Thanks! I think i didn;t make it clear, my fault. For Sedan, the convenience package which my car has already been installed includes the rear defroster. I mean, it standard with Convenience Package. If I add all-weather package, this feature will be repeated.

Convenience Package -- includes AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability and auxiliary audio jack, 60/40 split fold-down rear seat, 15-in. steel wheels with full wheel covers and rear defroster

All-Weather Guard Package – includes rear defroster [2], larger washer tank with level warning, luggage door and back door trim, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter and rear heater duct
Old 10-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Yes, but that heavy duty heater/starter is also a biggie. If I were you, living in Utah, it would be a no brainer. Get the all-weather pkg.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
hans_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Yes, but that heavy duty heater/starter is also a biggie. If I were you, living in Utah, it would be a no brainer. Get the all-weather pkg.
Thanks! I just wonder if the heavy duty heater will consume more fuel?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Quote:
Thanks! I just wonder if the heavy duty heater will consume more fuel?
Heating system don't consume more fuel. It use the heat generate from the engine.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
hans_fh

Thanks! But is ordinary heating sys a standard feature for Yaris? what's the difference between the heavy and ordinary heater?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
ones for warmer climates and the others for cold

but its like a standard grade garbage bag vs a commercial grade garbage bag...

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #12
hans_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush
ones for warmer climates and the others for cold

but its like a standard grade garbage bag vs a commercial grade garbage bag...
Your explaination is awesome:)
Old 10-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #13
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
Quote:
Your explaination is awesome:)
lol...very nice explanation... by the way yeah what happens to the price of a package if you get let's say a power package on an S but it already has a tacho and 60/40 split? do they make the power package cheaper for the S than the regular sedan? it should otherwise they're double charging us.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #14
hans_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
lol...very nice explanation... by the way yeah what happens to the price of a package if you get let's say a power package on an S but it already has a tacho and 60/40 split? do they make the power package cheaper for the S than the regular sedan? it should otherwise they're double charging us.
Toyoda's decisions always make poeple frustrated. They make Airbag equipted on Yaris but they do not offer ABS as standard feature
Old 10-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
On a small car like ours that has a low weight and a front brake bias (front disc, rear drum) ABS shouldn't really be necessary to be able to brake safely, so, in order to keep the overall price down, they omit ABS, personally, in this car I love not having ABS, I don't like dealing with ABS.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Thanks! But is ordinary heating sys a standard feature for Yaris? what's the difference between the heavy and ordinary heater?
i would imagin it is jsut a larger heater core, allowing more heat to be pulled from the engine...not sure if there is a different blower or not, but wouldnt imagine so...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote