Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Speeding ticket is the right law
Tint Law = bullshit - another way to suck citizens blood and hard working moneys.
If you want to kill somebody you will do it.
Normal Peoples don't go and waste their moneys to get their window tinted then go and kill somebody.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #38
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

"Normal Peoples" don't go around killing folks, period.

Watch the cop car camera videos on Tru TV for a while. You can't tell what people may do.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #39
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984

__________________________________________________ ______________
When you are a killer you not normal anymore
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #40
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

I tend to agree, though a lot of them seem pretty normal. Society frowns on that kind of behavior, at any rate.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #41
monchito18

Drives: Yaris sedan
Send a message via MSN to monchito18
I love Puerto Rico :D, I get stopped by cops alot for window tints I just remove them and install them again
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #42
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
Speeding ticket is the right law
Tint Law = bullshit - another way to suck citizens blood and hard working moneys.
If you want to kill somebody you will do it.
Normal Peoples don't go and waste their moneys to get their window tinted then go and kill somebody.
incorrect

if you want to save your 'hard working moneys' (as you put it)
don't put ridiculous tint on your car and don't break the law
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #43
monchito18

Drives: Yaris sedan
Send a message via MSN to monchito18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
incorrect

Old 11-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #44
BaknBlak

Drives: Black '07 HB A
I'm starting to think that the high fines are so that ppl won't retint. When I got my back 3 done, the shop was doing driver and passenger windows left and right. They said they remove and reapply all the time. Maybe if they layered the fine like cellphones and seatbelts, that fine'd be cut in half. That's what I'd tell the judge, might agree and reduce your fine.
BaknBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #45
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
incorrect

I know this doesn't apply to the OP as he bought his car that way, but you do see a lot of people around here put in ridiculous stereos, window tint, fart cans, etc, just to complete that whole gangsta look.

Well, duh. Paying hard working money to outfit your car and make yourself look like a dealer and then wondering why you get a ticket when the law is there to protect officers from people transporting illegal substances that don't like getting pulled over is just silly.

It's not just the gangsta wannabes either, a lot of people make very expensive mods to trucks that they never take off road for that monster truck look and then get pissed when they can't pass inspection.

LoL
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #46
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
In the county in which I live window tint tickets that get faught in court often get dropped, especially if the person who got the ticket is willing to remove the tint.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #47
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryota View Post
i don't mean to call you out, but this is slightly wrong. in NY you can have window tint on you TRUCK , VAN, OR SUV but you can not have any window tint on you car at all UNLESS it is registered as a vehicle that transports people for a job (limo). the reason for this is because a car is considered a passenger vehicle and the police re required to be able to see all passengers inside the car at any time, but an suv, van, or a truck are considered work vehicles and aren't considered vehicles the carry around people therefor it isn't as important for the police to see inside the windows. yes it is stupid and really makes little sense all together, but that is the NYS law about window tint.

every window comes with a 75% tint to it already (except the windshield which is why you can see a slight difference) and i'm pretty sure they have UV protection to them too, so you skin cancer argument probably won't work too well. also, even though still illegal, if your back door windows and back window are tinted but your front door windows aren't you usually won't have any problem at all. 99% of the police will consider that perfectly fine. and you knew it was illegal before you put it on... if you did it yourself the package mentions it possibly being illegal and only for offroad use or something to that extent and if a shop did it they usually tell you up front that it is illegal so that when you do get the ticket they can't be held liable.

what worked for me when i got my window tint ticket (i did my research before being a dick to the courts) was i went to the court for that first date, talked to the DA they had there and worked out a deal. if i took the tint off and had a note signed by any local police dept. as being legally acceptable they would throw the ticket out... cost me $20 to take the tint off my front 2 windows and 30 mins to find the dumbest cop to say that was perfectly fine and write a note. took that to them with my dads car (so they didn't see the tint left on it) and ticket was gone... for much cheaper than what it would have been. since then i refuse to put tint on my car because i don't enjoy run ins with the cops for stupid reasons... it just wastes me time having to figure out how to be an ass for something that was my fault to begin with
Every precinct gives a different story as every cop. I don't think the 24hr local precinct thing applies anymore. They pretty much look to see if they can see you really. I just add on another 75% onto the factory for tint. PLUS, if that were the case, then the dealerships should know and not offer it to customers so there's gotta be something up with that as well. I got my first Yaris tinted at the dealer (never again because they messed up twice) and gave me a weird look when I asked them for the lightest tint they had. What, because I'm in my 20's means I automatically want my windows dark lol?

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #48
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
At Zaphod's post...
When the guy pulled me over he took my license and registration, and then proceeded to walk around my car and look in the windows. After he gave me the ticket I asked if I had to take all the tint off and he said, which surprised me by the way since up here we have some stereo and sub laws too, "No you only have to remove the front windows. Normally you'd have to remove it all, but I noticed you have some nice SUBS (he said subs) back there. You shouldn't really have to worry about anyone wanting to steal them around here though." Fucked up man...My tint in the back was darker than the front and isn't that where most of my "illegal substances" or weapons would be sitting were I to have them? It's just weird. Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #49
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhjort View Post
At Zaphod's post...
When the guy pulled me over he took my license and registration, and then proceeded to walk around my car and look in the windows. After he gave me the ticket I asked if I had to take all the tint off and he said, which surprised me by the way since up here we have some stereo and sub laws too, "No you only have to remove the front windows. Normally you'd have to remove it all, but I noticed you have some nice SUBS (he said subs) back there. You shouldn't really have to worry about anyone wanting to steal them around here though." Fucked up man...My tint in the back was darker than the front and isn't that where most of my "illegal substances" or weapons would be sitting were I to have them? It's just weird. Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
In NYS you are allowed darker tint in the rear as oppose to the "front."
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #50
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
In NYS you are allowed darker tint in the rear as oppose to the "front."
similar in Illinois. You can go as dark as you want in the rear as long as there is none on the front side windows, but they just modified the law to allow some tint on all windows (except windshield) as long as it meets certain requirements.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #51
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Oh yeah and I was going 80mph in a 65, but I think I crossed jurisdictions right as I sped up so he couldn't get me on that.
And you're still bitching for a $105 fine??? I'd be happy and say "thank you"
Old 11-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Duck View Post
Just because, "a law is a law," doesn't mean you should obey it.
So, what should we do then? You are contesting the very definition of law. I guess we shouldn't obey Newton's first law either...

Let me explain to you how democracy works: people vote other people to represent them in some kind of legislative body. Those people then make laws, because we put them there and paid them to do just that...

I fully agree that there are silly laws and there are good laws, but I guess they are not the same in everyone's view... What can I say, life is not always easy in a civilized society
Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #53
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
At Zaphod's post...
No sir, they don't care about what "illegal substances" or weapons you may be hiding in the back (or more likely the trunk in that case).

Heck depending on the amount of time left on officer's shift, they may rather not even want to know ;)

The concern is that they can't see the weapon that the driver is pulling on them as they approach. It's about safety, not privacy.

And when you think about it, it's for your safety as well. After all, why make a man carrying a loaded weapon edgy and nervous?
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #54
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
Let me explain to you how democracy works: people vote other people to represent them in some kind of legislative body. Those people then make laws, because we put them there and paid them to do just that...
That's what is called a representative democracy, which is pretty far from actual democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
It's about safety, not privacy.
It's not about safety, its about privacy and health. Like I said, if you don't feel safe coming up to my window, do a felony stop. Pulling me over on the side of the freeway is retarded anyway - speaking of TruTV, how many times watching cop shows have you seen someone get rear ended pulled over by a cop on the side of the freeway? It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.

I haven't even touched on being able to keep something in my car without some thief being able to see it and want to steal it.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote