Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
cruz-gsr

Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
fuel mods help for nos

so here is the deal, im a student at UTI and i have talk to some of my teachers about installing nos in my yaris and they told me i have to upgrade some parts of the fuel system first.

I need to install a inline fuel pump or replace the stock pump with a higher output just to meet the demand of the fuel needed. I was thinking to replace the fuel rail and use a high pressure regulator.

Any ideas. I just don't know where to start looking.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
you can run a 50 dry shot without upgrading anything, as the added fuel curve is there to support it in the factory tune. Past that, you would need to start upgrading your fuel system and rigging a wet shot system.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
cruz-gsr

im doing a wet system.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
H3LlIoN

With a wet system, plan on fuel pump at a minimum. I'm pretty sure this is the one Garm is running...http://perrinperformance.com/product...bro?category=7 The wet kit will use wet style nozzles, meaning the fuel and nos jets are in the same nozzle. In other words, you don't need to mess with the stock injectors or fuel rail, since the added fuel won't be being added through there. Also, methinks you are going to need some type of engine management, or else all that added fuel might cause the computer to lean out the injector stream, hence killing your engine.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
If you're just planning on jetting your nitrous for around 50 hp then you really dont need to upgrade anything Imo . From what I've read people spraying on 1st gen xb's are spraying 35-60 hp without problems and are only seeing about a 1psi drop in fuel pressure when spraying . I am thinking about installing an autogear fuel rail when I install my direct port no2 to have a little extra fuel
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
cruz-gsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
With a wet system, plan on fuel pump at a minimum. I'm pretty sure this is the one Garm is running...http://perrinperformance.com/product...bro?category=7 The wet kit will use wet style nozzles, meaning the fuel and nos jets are in the same nozzle. In other words, you don't need to mess with the stock injectors or fuel rail, since the added fuel won't be being added through there. Also, methinks you are going to need some type of engine management, or else all that added fuel might cause the computer to lean out the injector stream, hence killing your engine.
well i figure if i use a pressure reg, i can just get my fuel from there for the nos and at the same time and if i use a high pressure rail to increase the amount avail there.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
H3LlIoN

Seems like a lot of money, you could just T the line short of the rail and plumb your nos dist block.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Look here where joel and I discussed setting up a wet kit.

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...!!!!!!!!/page2
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
H3LlIoN

Had a mechanic take a look at it for ya...he said that you can just T the line...the computer will see the drop in fuel pressure and should change the duty cycle on the pump to adjust. He said stock pump should handle depending on how much of a shot you are running. He also said Ken Belle makes a product that makes it so it only sends more fuel when the switch is on and it's in WOT. He says carry a fire extinguisher at all times.