Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
zbouncer

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5MT
Question Black on Black Liftback...Airbags???

New to YW and not sure where to post. Just got a 09 Yaris S Liftback black on black 5spd (pics soon to come after a good cleaning) , however it needs passenger side curtain and seat airbags... I did a search and cant seem to find enough detail. Can someone lead me in the right direction on where to buy and how to install?
zbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
mryaris

Drives: 2010 Carmine Red hatchback
Why would it need new air bags? Was it wrecked at some point? A new side curtain bag can be installed, but I don't think the seat bag can....you will need to buy a new seat with a good bag. I can't help you on installation.....I would suggest having a professional do that so you know it will work if you get into an accident.

Check out eBay.....lots of people parting cars out there. You can also try http://www.car-part.com (if you're in the US).

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
zbouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryaris View Post
Why would it need new air bags? Was it wrecked at some point? A new side curtain bag can be installed, but I don't think the seat bag can....you will need to buy a new seat with a good bag. I can't help you on installation.....I would suggest having a professional do that so you know it will work if you get into an accident.

Check out eBay.....lots of people parting cars out there. You can also try http://www.car-part.com (if you're in the US).

Good luck!
Yes it was in a accident on the passenger quarter, they replaced the quarter and did not need to repair anything else, they did a decent job with spot welds and blending and matching the paint...PPG
The side airbags went off and the body-man that did the repairs did not want to put anymore money into it. That sucks that I have to buy a new seat
Oh well thanks for the input
Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
what country do you live in? What is the exact model of your car? Answering these 2 questions will help people figure out how to help you.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
zbouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
what country do you live in? What is the exact model of your car? Answering these 2 questions will help people figure out how to help you.
I live in the USA, its a 09 liftback 3door with a 5spd and an S model...pretty sure model was in my opening statement
Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Canuck

Drives: 07 5 door Hatchback
Go to the dealer Your insurance will pay for it.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
mryaris

Drives: 2010 Carmine Red hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Go to the dealer Your insurance will pay for it.
Probably not....it sounds like he bought it that way.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbouncer View Post
I live in the USA, its a 09 liftback 3door with a 5spd and an S model...pretty sure model was in my opening statement
lol didn't think they sold those airbags on the hatch in the USA, that was why I asked.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
zbouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
lol didn't think they sold those airbags on the hatch in the USA, that was why I asked.
Thankfully they do, they should really make front, side, knee and front-rear curtain airbags a standard on all cars

Yes I bought the car when the bags were already deployed...no frame damage and they put in a new quarter panel so no bondo, clean as can be Yaris with only 11k miles for a great price