Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #19
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
On a side note, with the holidays done, I needed wheels to get back to work last week.

Upside: I get to play with my FJ Cruiser again for one more winter.

Downside: I had to dig her out of over a foot of snow and change those mud terrain tires out for winter tires in -24 C weather. They dug through the snowbank nicely to get unburied, but are awful on packed snow / plowed roads.

-- Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow_fjc.jpg (318.5 KB, 56 views)
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #20
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Great to see the progress, are you all set for the wiring or are there still unknowns about that?

Id love to source a corolla ecu and slowly build up a proper harness so I could just do a plug and play with an fae engine and take advantage of the valve lift.

I can't have my car down for more than a day or two sonc sits my dd. If you're able to document the electrical and it works with everything else in the Yaris then this opens many doors for other YW members down the road for a somewhat straight forward swap
Old 01-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #21
atomic_hoji

Hey, thanks for the support man.

Ya, I'm very lucky that I've been able to keep my truck in the meantime. I know for most people if it's a DD they need a weekend project, not multiple weeks of fuddling about.

I'm pretty confident about all of the wiring I need to take care of, but won't call it 100% until I get it completed (and proven to work!). I found while disconnecting the Yaris wiring that I had a mis-understanding of a couple of things - at least 1 thing will make life easier (woo!), the others not so much easier or harder, just a difference between what I expected and what's there. As I get the wiring steps done I'll get more pictures in and do a final write-up for others to follow once I've proven it works.

Without looking at the xD wiring, I would imagine with having the xD 2ZR-FE harness you could probably put that on a 2ZR-FAE and run the few wires for the VALVMATIC control and power; would have to confirm ECM mapping and finding wire terminals to match the ECM connector - might be tough if they aren't the same as other types used on the wire harness. Of course, I say that, but have still yet to open the connector to do the wire swap to give me my cooling fan ECU output.. lol

-- Adam
Old 02-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #22
atomic_hoji

Quick update: the cake is a lie; for now.

Short version: Yaris is in the same sad state sitting on jackstands as it was a few weeks ago, and is lowest on priority list for now until life is back in order.

The long, personal blogosphere version is that after such a good holiday, tides turned and it's been a bit of a rough go the past few weeks. Got news my Mum has cancer, she's now started chemo. Week later I got sick with what I thought was a dose of influenza; turned into pneumonia - been face down the past 2 weeks. Work is accommodating missed test, but exams are a different group, so bit anxious about being behind the 8 ball by 2 weeks..

Did find there's a semi-local U-Pull yard - wife drove past en route to a market with a friend - and from their website, they have a 2nd gen. Yaris in the yard. Once I'm up and about I'm going to go see what I can pull more harness and wiring; give me some spare bits and pre-crimped wires to play with.

-- Adam
Old 02-08-2018, 07:45 AM   #23
Jeanseb29

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 2011 (HB)
Hi Adam, hope everything is going to get better for you and your mom

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Jeanseb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #24
Jeanseb29

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 2011 (HB)
It's a pleasure reading your posts and seeing how your car is progressing but take your time for taking care of yourself and your family. We will be here when you come back :)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Jeanseb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #25
atomic_hoji

Appreciate the kind words, thank you!

We're getting there.. slowly but surely. lol Looking forward to early March when the chaos is (should be) done and we're closer to status quo.

-- Adam

Tags
2zr, 2zr-fe, 3rd gen, t-sport