Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
ponieswhee

Drives: Black 07 Liftback
Woot! The (temporary) system is in.

Thanks to all you guys who responded to my myriad questions. After 2 "sick" days off work I got my system in.

stock liftback mp3 head unit
2 x line output converters
old school earthquake 400tx for the subs bridged mono to 400 watts
8 year old pioneer gm-x332 30 watts x 2 to the front
polk db's in the doors and rear (rears not hooked up until i get another x-332 off ebay)
3 x 10" JL audio 10W0 in a powerwedge sitting on top of my empty fiberglass spare tire enclosure

It makes my head hurt. I have the bass at -7 and faded all the way to the front so the sub amp is getting the lowest possible amount of signal but it still makes my brain pound. Not to mention that the gain is all the way down. I guess a 400 watt to 30 watt ratio is a little bass heavy

I have a Pioneer 10" DVC coming in any day for the fiberglass box and that should balance out the system a lot. I'll get pics when I get my new sub, it looks pretty ghetto now with a sub box on top of a sub box.

Sound is great. I get a lot of boom (obviously) and sparkle from from the polk db's. They were on sale $30 off at crutchfield. Desperately needs an eq though, the stock tone controls aren't enough.

By the way, if anyone needs the wiring color key for the US 07' liftback stereo here you go (it worked perfectly for me):

Radio 12v blue + radio harness
Radio Ground white/black - radio harness
Radio Ignition gray + radio harness
Radio Illumination green + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna black + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- gray - yellow +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness
ponieswhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
ponieswhee

still waiting on my sub to come in from cali, but here are some pics of the temporary setup... right now the whole thing is covered with a white sheet because i'm a paranoid android and the powerwedge doesn't fit under the liftback flap deal. can't wait until i get my sub and lose about 40 pounds. until then this works

Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
ponieswhee

there you go.. peeled it like an onion.. or a layer cake. anyway the cargo floor no longer sits flush with the back seat. it's about 1.5" higher than the seat when folded, reason being that i didn't take into account the width of the earthquake amp. i had to raise the floor to clear the amp and it's a little high now, but no big deal.