Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #37
06silveryaris
 
Drives: 2006 yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DtheDon View Post
Hiii...am loooking to add an exhaust system for my yaris hatchback the problem is i couldnt get any here in Bahrain,and i checked online but the shipping price is too much,some friends told me to do custom one do u recommend that?and like just adding a Hks or greddy muffler?
Go custom, this way you can go cat back rather then just axle back(rear section) and get it done localy without crazy shipping charges. As far as the muffler those will work and you can also try a dynomax turbo muffler or similar, which will keep the sound deep and very pleasant.
06silveryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #38
mrbond
 
mrbond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 961
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Just received and installed the Fujitsubo Wagolis axle-back. Cost me $439 shipped. Has a BEAUTIFUL sound, yet you can't hear it in the cabin during normal driving. Will post sound clips once it stops snowing, etc.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
beautiful weld work
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #39
1nz
 
Drives: Vios
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brunei
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nz View Post





2" Stainless steel
Still looking for a nice exhaust tip, trd replicas or rice fake titinium coated??
__________________
Please visit us @:

greddyvios.blogspot.com
1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #40
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro
 
cleong's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 593
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis









And the sound clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X342NigBg2g
__________________
Leong's NCP91 Toyota Yaris E
Hankook V12 Evo 195/55/15 on Buddy Club P1 replicas 15x7 ET +38
Stebel horns, Philips Silvervision turn indicator bulbs
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #41
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,753
ooo, that fujitsubo sounds nice!

ive just got a tip right now...but i have a megan exhaust waiting for spring!



__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #42
mrbond
 
mrbond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 961
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DtheDon View Post
Sorry for this noob quesiton but whats the difference between the catback and the axle back?and is it true that the axle back has no increase on the HP?
It's not necessarily true that an axle-back won't increase horsepower. It depends on how restrictive it is and/or the baffling design. It is mainly for sound, however, due to the design of the Yaris exhaust system, that's the only thing you can change other than getting a whole midpipe. A catback system goes from the catalytic converter all the way to the tip, and will result in a higher hp gain.
Hope that helps.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #43
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 echo RS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
It's not necessarily true that an axle-back won't increase horsepower. It depends on how restrictive it is and/or the baffling design. It is mainly for sound, however, due to the design of the Yaris exhaust system, that's the only thing you can change other than getting a whole midpipe. A catback system goes from the catalytic converter all the way to the tip, and will result in a higher hp gain.
Hope that helps.
you can always cut your midpipe after the resonator (which is 2" thru) and replace the res-back piece which is 1.75" with a bigger pipe. just weld it on....i had to do that w/ my XRS and my magnaflow catback i bought for it....either clamp or weld...

from what i read, you gain tq across the powerband (thus increasing hp past 5800 or so fairly significantly) with just an axleback due to the stock mufflers extremely restrictive design...
__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #44
Klink10
 
Klink10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 910
Posts: 1,234
That Fuji does sound nice, appears well constructed also.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #45
coheed
 
Drives: 08 BB LB
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maiden, NC
Posts: 792
Where did you buy the fujitsubo? I cant find it anywhere.
coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #46
mrbond
 
mrbond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 961
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Where did you buy the fujitsubo? I cant find it anywhere.
go to boomplustoys.net. they don't have it displayed ANYWHERE on their site, but I saw an old thread somewhere on this forum where they said they had the Fujitsubo Wagolis available for $439 shipped. Just email them and ask about it. Tell them Kirk referred you!
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #47
frownonfun
 
frownonfun's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,112
so uh... i thought i was following all this exhaust stuff but now after reading this thread i'm a little unsure. if i want to replace my exhaust from the header back what parts do i need exactly? and is that going to be really loud? would it be worth the trouble from a performance standpoint? would i be better off just replacing cat back?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #48
Havoc
Zee Bold Novice
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3Dr
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 24
Tanabe Concept G Axle-Back 2009 3dr

Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #49
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there
 
lilredrocket's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Liftback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,471
^Very nice. Sound clip? Oh and welcome to the fourm!!
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #50
BLAZINBLUEVITZ
 
BLAZINBLUEVITZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 1,281
i see no one has posted up the JDM TRD VITZ muffler. looks like i'll have to represent.......
BLAZINBLUEVITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #51
Havoc
Zee Bold Novice
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3Dr
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
^Very nice. Sound clip? Oh and welcome to the fourm!!
Thank you lilredrocket! Well the engine was cold and I just installed this Saturday, 2 days ago, so there's some smoke.

EDIT: Oh and there's an Injen CAI on the other end.

www.bwcorridor.com/images/yaris/P1000988.wmv
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #52
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Thank you lilredrocket! Well the engine was cold and I just installed this Saturday, 2 days ago, so there's some smoke.

EDIT: Oh and there's an Injen CAI on the other end.

www.bwcorridor.com/images/yaris/P1000988.wmv
I always like videos. Seems strange for the tip being so short right off the muffler. Kinda sounds a little too "ricey" for me. But looks good overall!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #53
mrbond
 
mrbond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 961
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
so uh... i thought i was following all this exhaust stuff but now after reading this thread i'm a little unsure. if i want to replace my exhaust from the header back what parts do i need exactly? and is that going to be really loud? would it be worth the trouble from a performance standpoint? would i be better off just replacing cat back?
Well, personally I think it's worth the money. You can't have an efficient engine if your intake and/or exhaust is too restrictive (which is what the Yaris was cursed with out of the factory). If you wanted to replace your exhaust, I'd start with the axle-back so that you can find which kind of sound you like. Then you have the option of either going with the Nitto midpipe (available from microimageonline.com) or custom-fabricating your own midpipe (warning: the Nitto midpipe does not have any catalytic converters; they're just resonators). And you know, I would recommend replacing the header. The stock design is rather convoluted and doesn't lend itself well to a good exhaust flow. For this you have many options: TRD (expensive as all hell), Megan, DC, Thunder, DME, or, again, custom make your own. If you plan on doing more performance modifications to your car, a good exhaust system is pretty much invaluable. Hope that answered your question well enough :D
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #54
frownonfun
 
frownonfun's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Well, personally I think it's worth the money. You can't have an efficient engine if your intake and/or exhaust is too restrictive (which is what the Yaris was cursed with out of the factory). If you wanted to replace your exhaust, I'd start with the axle-back so that you can find which kind of sound you like. Then you have the option of either going with the Nitto midpipe (available from microimageonline.com) or custom-fabricating your own midpipe (warning: the Nitto midpipe does not have any catalytic converters; they're just resonators). And you know, I would recommend replacing the header. The stock design is rather convoluted and doesn't lend itself well to a good exhaust flow. For this you have many options: TRD (expensive as all hell), Megan, DC, Thunder, DME, or, again, custom make your own. If you plan on doing more performance modifications to your car, a good exhaust system is pretty much invaluable. Hope that answered your question well enough :D
most definitely thanks... thought i was being ignored.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Installing Greddy TI-C Exhaust System redyaris DIY / Maintenance / Service 13 08-01-2009 04:05 AM
GReddy prototype = Free Exhaust! Chris_Lum California 30 02-27-2007 11:13 PM
Why is DTM exhaust thread closed? gr8yaris Performance Modifications 4 01-13-2007 12:01 PM
Fujitsubo Exhaust!! MC-BPT Sponsors Classifieds Area 17 11-16-2006 11:36 AM
Toyota Performance Exhaust for Yaris HB bigsky2 Performance Modifications 16 06-02-2006 10:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.