View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 01:20 AM   #6
seatech30

Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan
tmontague, thanks! I do believe what I referred to as deposits is in fact the varnish you mention. It's maybe twice as thick as that of my own. I'm assuming since the car is low miles, they didn't really worry to do the changes on a time basis as they should have. The oil that came out, seemed no different/dirtier than when I do an oil change on my original, so I'll play it safe and just do another oil change without cleaners sooner than later maybe 4k miles.
It certainly has been a learning experience and hope I don't end up paying too much more for it, haha. Have to start somewhere I suppose. I wrote down a lot of notes (checklist) for next time.
The coolant was nice and liquid, so not worried there either.
I'll make sure to inspect the mounts. I was actually thinking I should probably put those on my old car to see if they help it with it's vibration.

06YarisRS, thanks! I was thinking to do a drain and fill on the trans, after I see some improvement after the mounts. Don't want to sink too much money all at once to realize it wasn't worth it. I also want to change the brake fluid. I hate to admit, but I've been running the same coolant in my old yaris for about 100k miles now... I've topped it up as it seems to evaporate. I definitely owe it a drain and refill soon.
How are the rockauto filters? I've been doing the k&n ones from amazon when they've dropped in price, usually grab 3-6 at once. I'll take a look and compare prices.
seatech30 is offline   Reply With Quote