View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
lauren24

Drives: Yaris Hatchback 06
2006 Yaris Hatchback Replacing Stereo Head Unit help

Hey guys new to the forums,

I have a 2006 Yaris Hatchback and wish to replace the head unit with a Pioneer double din unit (Avh-3200).

End result i want to achieve is much similar to this threads 11th post

I have come across some useful threads that lay out what is ahead of me in terms of removing the deck and and getting a different one in.

This thread has pictures of how my console looks (three knobs down the middle) and my original radio.

So i know that replacing the radio is easy, but i have the following hesitations:

1) When replacing the radio with the aftermarket head unit, are there any wiring diagrams i can use or wire harnesses available to help me connect the unit? I noticed that in the previous thread it mentioned there was a wiring adapter for the harness, im struggling to find any to make the job easier.

2) Do i need mounting brackets? or can i use the existing ones that came with the original radio. By measurement it seems that the pioneer unit is not as wide as the slot that the original radio is in.

If there is anything else i need to know when replacing the unit please let me know, this is my first radio install!

Thanks,

Lauren
lauren24 is offline   Reply With Quote