Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2007, 04:46 AM   #1
shannon_lee

Drives: Dodge Ram
I'm new here

Hi my name is Shannon and I am looking into getting a yaris and am stuck between a liftback and the S. I currently have a dodge ram 1500 that sucks up to much gas haha. I may have a huge problem standing in my way of the yaris though. I owe money on the truck (I just bought it in February). So if all goes well I will be getting the yaris within the month. So any suggestions? What are your guys' experiences with the yaris thus far?
shannon_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
Edd

Drives: None
I don't have a Yaris (yet), but I've never heard anything *bad* about them. Every review of hatchbacks I've read as ranked it as #1 (with Suzuki Swift very close in 2nd).
There are plenty of comments in the New Yaris Purchase Forum which should help. If you have any specific questions, just ask here and we'll be able to help out.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
One of the first things I did when I came here a while ago was make a thread about my first year with my 'S'.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6028

I have owned a lot of different cars over the years but I enjoy my Yaris the most. My wife has a Dodge Calibur, which are nice cars, but I still like mine better. I get better than sticker mileage as i think does about everyone else here and average about 40 MPG per tank. I think if you are looking to do a bunch of mods the liftback would be better because there's a lot more stuff available for them. I like the S because they look a lot like the new Camerys which I like.
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
I agree with Nigal's input on your choices. I personally have the LB. It only has 570 miles on it as of yet and have loved this car from the day I drove it off the lot. Like Nigal said if you want to mod it go with the LB.
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Lift back is the way to go if you want to turn heads, stock or modded. When all I had was tinted windows ppl used to ask me what my car was all them time, I loved it... almost a year, 12k miles, and manny mods later, I even get techs and salesmen at the Toyota dealer asking me what my car is.. I love it
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Love the LB.....but if theres a youngun w/carseat around, or you haul more than 1 passenger frequently, the 4 doors make a lot of sense.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #7
wax420

Drives: 2007 Yaris LiftBack
i just got my 2007 yaris lift back on 5 21 07 and love it traded in my caddy deville in for it
wax420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
unless they are giving it away, I'd wait for the 08's. IMO. LB is my choice, but you gotta way the needs you have to. We had a meet last night and I saw first hand a Sedan, and it was sweet too.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I have a S sedan and I love it. Get on average 36-38 mpg on the highway. If you get a sedan definitly get an S.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
shannon_lee

do you know when the 08's are being released? part of trying to get one so soon is to get out from under the truck i bought in february lol
Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
If you are upside down on he truck, which you are unless you sell it privately and have alot of patience (and put a lot of money down on it), you have to factor int the reduction in cost of ownership. Also, the Yaris is not super-cheap to insure, so shop around first before buying anything. Do the homework.

Also, if you want to add great looking, non-toyota stuff to your car, you can find a ton of things to do for under $1000. Wheels, lowering springs and an intake, if you even care for that.

The LB is awesome, it fits in the smallest of spots and has a ton of usable interior space. There are also more parts out for this right now from a tuner standpoint. The sedan is nice, and people here seem to like theirs.

No matter what the guy at the dealerships says, there is no performance comparison between a manual and an automatic.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #12
shannon_lee

I've done some research and know what to expect for trade in on my truck, an with that i'll go upside down about 5k on the truck. I don't worry to much on insurance, it can't be much more than it was on my Mitsubishi Lancer; plus I don't pay my insurance, my grandparents do right now, I just make my car payments and pay my other bills. My biggest homework right now is finding exactly what im looking at as far as the yaris itself.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 PM   #13
deebrown

Drives: Sedan
if you want the power package - power locks, windows, abs, and cruise - then probably the sedan is for you (as it's harder to get in the liftback)...the sedan much more conventional looking however (although still pretty edgy compared with most cars) it is kind of like the camry's "mini-me" in looks - if you don't care about the power stuff and want people to turn their heads while you drive, then go for the liftback...
deebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
shannon_lee

I definately want the liftback, and I have found a few dealers local with the liftback with power options so thats where im standing right now...now if only I can get the price right...lol
Old 06-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
tacsnier

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon_lee View Post
I've done some research and know what to expect for trade in on my truck, an with that i'll go upside down about 5k on the truck. I don't worry to much on insurance, it can't be much more than it was on my Mitsubishi Lancer; plus I don't pay my insurance, my grandparents do right now, I just make my car payments and pay my other bills. My biggest homework right now is finding exactly what im looking at as far as the yaris itself.
If you want a nice LB... come get it from Canada 5 Door RS, Power Package, Cruise Control... all is avail in Canada Just make sure you can register it in your state tho.
tacsnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #16
shannon_lee

haha my uncle heads back home to canada tomorrow maybe ill just hide in his suitcase? lol
Old 06-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
trust your gut. Wait the 08's may offer something new,4 dr, lol, like we have up here, plus other goodies.

Last edited by uncleyaris; 06-17-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling opps
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #18
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
I love my Yaris as well. It's a great car for the money and gets excellent gas mileage. My only real knock on the Yaris is the interior. The finish on the plastic sucks and it shows every little mark, scrape, etc. I've never seen a car interior so bad about that. There are quite a few rattles for a new car too. With that said, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote