Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
Slightly damaged wheel

HEy Guys

quick Question

i was driving to work yesterday ,and they had been working on the road at night but didnt put up any beacons , so they had removed tar for about 500m , as i couldnt go anywhere else i had to ride this section of road , i ended up riding over the part where they had stopped working and it left a ledge ,and buckled my left front wheel , luckly the tire is ok .

i had the wheel repaired , wheel alignment and balancing done , they say everything looks ok , i had a look at the front shocks and all seems ok , anything i should look out for ??? maybe hidden damage i dont know??

thanks guys.

PS: Tenzo R wheels are pretty hard , my wheel didnt even crack.Michelin make great tires aswell , the tire was still 100% , no damage.
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

any opinions?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
car suspension can take a harder beating then just what you put the car thru ... i don't think you really have to worry about anything else other then aligment
if you have coilovers and are still under warranty, you can try and send them back and have them check out your suspension if it's blown or if there is anything else wrong with the coilovers

DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
There are wheel fix places all over.( at least in the States) Depending on the damage and how much you paid per wheel this might be the way to go. If you did not spend a ton of money on the wheels just replace the bent one. Tires are very forgiving and you should not have any worries there. Line it up and fix your wheel and have some fun.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Lol. "In the states." Doesn't help Mr. South Africa over there.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

thanks guys , yeah , i had the wheel fixed , cost me R700.00 ZAR , a new wheel would have been R3000.00 ZAR , so just keeping an eye on it to see if there are any leaks etc.