Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
Fog Lights

I know there are a million threads on fog lights, but i've seen some contradicting threads. Some install without taking the bumper, but most remove the bumper and say you have to. I already have the fog lights installed from factory, but I want to know if it's possible to replace the bulbs in the fog light kit without taking off the bumper. I don't have a good enough jack to get the car up, and I don't want to do too much in our campus parking lot because I don't know if we're actually allowed to do work on cars in the parking lot. Plus there are ALWAYS cops patrolling the parking lots. If it's not possible without jacking it up, i'll just have to nut up and do it, but if it is at all possible, i'd rather just replace the bulbs without taking off the whole front bumper. thanks
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
You'll just need to unbolt the platic covers under the front-end. A 10mm socket is all you need. Just take the time to note how they all fit together before you unbolt them....as they tuck and overlap in certain areas.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Dadombomb15

the plastic cover is what is under the lip yes? sorry for the confusion
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Yeah the plastic under the lip and then you can reach under to change the bulb.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
Dadombomb15

for sure, thank you!