Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
USA ONLY - WTS M4 16" carbine

I'm saving up for a full auto Uzi, and I haven't shot this gun at all in a year or so. Since I've got so much money tied up in it I'm just going to let it go in favor of the Uzi, which I'll shoot a lot more I'm sure :P

This sale is for USA members only, as I'm not sure about shipping weapons out of the country and don't really want to get involved in that.

TERMS:
1. Must be shipped to an FFL holder
2. FFL holder must accept shipments from individuals
3. Must pay with a USPS or MoneyGram money order
4. I will ship via USPS once the MO has cleared

Del-Ton lower, upper, barrel, and bolt carrier. Magpul buttstock, handguard, light mount, adjustable pistol grip, folding rear sight, and foregrip. Coast tactical light with pressure switch (takes AAA batteries), yankee hill folding front gas block, sightmark holographic sight. My logbook says it has 160 rounds through it. Includes 2 30rnd magazines with no-tilt magpul-style followers. M4 1:7 rifled barrel and M4 feed ramps on the upper, standard birdcage flash hider.

Asking $1200+actual shipping. That is less than what I have in it, just so you know I'm not trying to profit by selling this on a non-firearm related forum. It is listed locally and a couple of other places.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 06-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Wish I lived in a state that was full auto friendly. I'm building a semi-auto Uzi from a parts kit, sloooowly.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
I'm building a semi-auto Uzi from a parts kit, sloooowly.
Sounds like all my car projects also
Old 06-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
If I walked out my door with a full scale replica of that thing I would be arrested, never mind a real one. Sad =(

GLWS!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
That M4 is freaking beautiful. Really hate California's stupid anti-gun laws. Don't people realise that only law abiding citizens ACTULLY Follow the freaking gun laws?

If they make murder illegal, there won't be any more murders right?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Oh no! Its coming right for us!!!!

Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #7
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
gtfo

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com

Last edited by TEHxFALLEN V1.2; 08-13-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHxFALLEN V1.2 View Post
I'm in California. You can own CA legal ARs.
Yeah, it's a real piece of cake!

Quote:
12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and
any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more
than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
Basically, if it's one of these, the State of California considers it an "assault weapon!"

But, an operational AR-type rifle built on an “off-list” AR-type receiver is legal if:
• it has a fixed (non-detachable) magazine holding 10 rounds or less; 10
• or it has a detachable magazine and has no other characteristic features (such as a pistol grip, telescoping stock, flash hider, forward pistol grip, etc.)
In sum, as my buddy who builds commercial ARs (to include Class III) for a living has on his web site:

Quote:
NOTE: Due to the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) Program, as per AB 2521, Chapter 784, Session 2005-2006, [Name Removed] LLC will not sell any firearms to any government entity or individual in California with the sole exception of US Military personnel sentenced to California duty. If you want one of our firearms, move to America!
Cheers! M2
Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

^ do we have a fellow Calgunner in the mix??

Btw, ur buddy is a dick.

My odometer 03/11
Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
MadMax

Quote:
Nope, but folks from there also frequent other forums and we constantly hear how that state is pretty much trying to deny everyone's Second Amendment rights!

As long as your state continues to re-elect such idiots as Dianne Feinstein ("Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe,” "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, I would have done it,” and "The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second Amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.") the citizens pretty much will be denied the Constitutional rights most of the rest of the country enjoys.

Try to pull such crap here in Texas and they'd find themselves unemployed!

Quote:
Btw, ur buddy is a dick.
Actually, it's not his fault; it's the government of California that has made it such a pain in the ass for outside FFLs and dealers to deal with anyone there that many have simply refused to do so! I know that sucks for those who live there, but it is your government that makes such Draconian rules!

By the way, he also refuses to deal with FedEx since they have a similar record of incompetence.

Cheers! M2
Old 06-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
gtfo

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com

Last edited by TEHxFALLEN V1.2; 08-13-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
MadMax

It's all good, you've actually got my sympathy as I know several gun collectors in California and understand the pains you must go through just to simply own a weapon.

Unfortunately, a lot of Californians escaping that state for Texas and are bringing the same attitude here. It's downright annoying, and they don't realize that outside of Austin we're pretty dang close to our firearms! We welcome most anyone, but starting shooting off at the mouth at how many guns there are in the Lone Star State, and how that number needs to be drastically reduced for our own good, and you're liable to get a good boot up the backside!

Anyhow, enough of this thread highjack; has 47_MasoN_47 sold this M4 yet?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
1 in the chamber 32 in the clip
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Actually, it's not his fault; it's the government of California that has made it such a pain in the ass for outside FFLs and dealers to deal with anyone there that many have simply refused to do so! I know that sucks for those who live there, but it is your government that makes such Draconian rules!

By the way, he also refuses to deal with FedEx since they have a similar record of incompetence.

Cheers! M2

That's complete BS. FFL's that chose not to support California's gun owners "because it's too hard" are only helping the anti gun folks. This is coming from an 07 FFL holder.

My odometer 03/11
Old 06-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Wow, go away for a few days and there's a ton of posts in here! She's still available at the moment. I've had a few interested local parties but all are waiting for approval from their bosses (aka wives) lol.

I don't really want to part it out, I'd rather just sell the whole thing. It's a pricey piece though, so I dunno. If I'm still holding on to it in 6 months I'll probably take it apart and sell the individual pieces.

Also, as others have brought up, this gun is not legal in NY, CA, and other states/cities with AWBs (sorry guys).

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
kiteslinger

Drives: new
Quote:

Yup!

my whole family shoots
and yes I live in the people republic of California bullet button state

calgun link
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php
Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #17
MadMax

Quote:
That's complete BS. FFL's that chose not to support California's gun owners "because it's too hard" are only helping the anti gun folks. This is coming from an 07 FFL holder.
What's "complete BS" is that any state in this country would have such Draconian laws. What's "helping the anti-gun folks" is the California electorate who keeps voting the same anti-gun bozos back into office time after time.

If you want to help, then help yourselves. Get rid of Boxer, Pelosi and the other idiots that represent you. Once that happens, and the amount of BS people have to go through to send gun parts to California is reduced, then maybe people will make the effort.

But don't blame the rest of us for your state's horrible government and ridiculous laws...
Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #18
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
This is a fuckin awesome weapon sorry for the language.

If I lived in USA I'd buy this, here in Canada you cannot even have a knife over 3 inches of blade without getting in shit.

Also as a Canadian I can say I hunt ALOT, and this gun would completely rape an animal let alone leave it for dinner hahaha