Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
Yaris HB base model availability...

I live up in NY, and I highly consider the Yaris as a first new car. I went to the toyota dealership, but I only found one yaris. And it was the sedan, fully loaded at about 15k... A little bit more than that. Is it usual to find 1 yaris at a dealership? What's wrong? Is everyone buying them, or did they not make enough yet? I want to get this car as a first new car a year from now. There should be more at the dealership by then, right???
AutoTech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Goose
Car Geek
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio cornfields
Posts: 213
I would think so by then.

I've been told that Toyota is currently planning on selling the Yaris at about a 70:30 ratio (sedan to hatch). Regardless of what we as enthusiasts prefer, the smart money is on Toyota knowing what they're doing in this regard. I don't know about Canadian preferences (we have plenty of Canadians on the board), but it seems most Americans prefer sedans over hatchbacks.

I'll take a hatchback any day, please...
__________________
Kevin

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
I would think so by then.

I've been told that Toyota is currently planning on selling the Yaris at about a 70:30 ratio (sedan to hatch). Regardless of what we as enthusiasts prefer, the smart money is on Toyota knowing what they're doing in this regard. I don't know about Canadian preferences (we have plenty of Canadians on the board), but it seems most Americans prefer sedans over hatchbacks.

I'll take a hatchback any day, please...
Yeah. Same here. I'm a hb fan.
AutoTech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Scoot
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Yaris liftback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 11
Several import hatchbacks have not done well here (U.S.) in the past. This is probably what is driving Toyota towards bringing in more sedans than HB's. It does seem like many people on this board are more interested in the HB so maybe Toyota will rethink their marketing strategy.
For what it's worth I have a deposit down at my dealer for a Hatch myself. He has several sedans in stock but sold the only hatch before I got there. The dealer said I should take delivery around the 1st of June.

peace
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
a hatch is a really practical car, you can fit some big shit in the back with the seats down, stuff that won't fit in a trunk

also, i'm not very impressed with the yaris sedan, too much like a mazda 3/6 on the front
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches
 
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
My dealer is selling every Yaris that hits the lot, often times before they hit. It will be months before you can walk on to a lot and see a wide selection of Yari. Just order one.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
There is a hatchback near where I live... At a dealership. But it's automatic and I'd want manual. Even if I did want the auto, which I don't, I'd have to wait anyways, because I don't have as much money saved as I'd want.
AutoTech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
I waited for a month for my manual hb to come in. Give them 6 months and their will be plenty of Yarises around.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
Yaris YRX (Au) YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 14 04-09-2006 08:21 AM
is the yaris for me? sauruman New YARIS Purchase Forum 14 02-27-2006 08:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.