![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,602
|
"No Significant Accumulation Expected"
another reason why I dont trust the forecasters half the time..... I mean come on weather channel! This is your purpose! To predict!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() could someone define what significant means exactly? LOL
__________________
-Jen <3 ![]() Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2006 yaris Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 536
|
my weather man has the best job, Everyday its 80 f and chance of scattered showers in the afternoon.
Get your shovel haha
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 2,517
|
That is significant to a Southern Californian t-shirt wearing person!
__________________
aFe Intake | Blitz Supercharger | Megan Header | TRD Exhaust | NST Pulley Set TRD Shocks/Struts | Tanabe NF210 Springs | TRD Sway Bar | Motegi TRAKLITE wheels | Kuhmo Ecsta XS R1 Concepts slotted rotors | Carbotech 1521 brake pads | stainless steel brake lines | Seibon vented carbon fiber hood |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 yaris sedan base Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 02809
Posts: 74
|
I'm only 33 and grew up in NJ and have shoveled/plowed/ and snow blown 18 inches of partly cloudy more times then I can remember..... I never believe them.. I go with my knees, if the left one throbs and swells up we are getting something wet on the ground either snow or rain......
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Wow yea id call that significant, there calling for 20 to 30 inches for us and were so far up to 6
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,602
|
haha thanks for the advice.
I get sinus headaches when big fronts come in.
__________________
-Jen <3 ![]() Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Joey
Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: El Monte, Ca
Posts: 3,530
|
I only get the epic beer farts before a heatwave
__________________
Formerly owned Met-Met. '07 Yaris LB 5-speed. A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting. "I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Learn to Relax
Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,070
|
It means your car will look significantly white.
Your car looks good in white.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
DWEED
Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,161
|
I don't mind the snow we get. However, I do mind the salt that is put on the roads. I worry about the long term effect it does to the car.
__________________
Making a decision without following it with an action is still a fantasy. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,602
|
:D
__________________
-Jen <3 ![]() Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
|
I look at weather.com, but they disappoint me every time. They say it's suppose to rain on certain days, but it doesn't, and vice-versa.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | ||
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,602
|
Quote:
__________________
-Jen <3 ![]() Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: car Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: location
Posts: 1,033
|
I see now. Yeah we are definitely spoiled here in California. The worst I've ever seen in my life is hail attempting to form and the rain turning to more of a slushee than really hail so I didn't know anything about this snow stuff...
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|